cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Status synchronization of Item Decision Points to Phases of Project Management

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a requirement, wherein I need to have a synchronization for Item DP status with that of the Phases in the cProjects. I know its done at the DFM-->Status synchronization. And even I tried to maintain some settings. But dint work.

Does anyone have worked on the similar requirement? Please share the same with me. I need this very badly friends. Do help out this regard. Detailed solution will help me alot.

Rgrds,

Santhosh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi friends,

The the above question's status is still open. Please anybody help me out.. I need this requirement very badly...

Thanks in advance,

Santhosh

Brendan_Ward
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Santhosh,

What settings do you have in customizing "Map Portfolio Management Status to DFM Business Transaction" for Source Grouping "Item Decision Point" and Target Grouping "PPCP"? Maybe if you add a screenshot of this.

Regards,

Brendan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Brendan Ward,

Thanks for the Reply.. I been searching for this from quite long... Yeah I can  surely share the screenshots with you. If you can give me your mail Id.

Thanks in advance,

Santhosh

gnsantu@gmail.com

Brendan_Ward
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Santhosh,

If you take a screenshot, you can insert the image into the thread.

Regards,

Brendan

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Santhosh,

I see that you have the same statuses in 'old' and 'new' columns! there should be a change in source status which will in turn trigger the DFM bus. transaction which then sets the status for the target object (in your case the target will be cProj phase and source is the item DP). for example, if the item DP status is changed from 'pending approval' (old status) to 'approved' (new status), the cProj phase will change from 'created' to 'released' (DFM Bus. Trans. DFM1).

You also need to maintain 2 other IMGs (if they are not already maintained):

'Map DFM Business Transaction to Project / Initiative Busines': PPODP - DFM1 - DX01

'Map Project / Initiative Business Transaction to DFM Busines': PPCP - DX01 - DFM1

and then in:

'Map Portfolio Management Status to DFM Business Transaction': PPCP - DX01 - DFM1

I have not tested this on my system, but let me know if this works for you.

Thanks,

Gaurav Shah

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav,

Thanks a lot Gaurav... Its working now..

Rgrds,

Santhosh

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

schneidertho
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Santhosh,

did you check transaction INM_DFM_CUST (as described in note 1567345)? Which status exactly do you want to synchronize? Did this a couple of times w/o problems.

Best regards

Thorsten

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Thorsten,

Thanks a lot for the Reply.. I tried the T- code you suggested, but it says doesn't exist?!(May be I didn't get your point, as I'm new to this). Its happy to hear that you did it couple of times w/o any error. So I believe you will help me out in this regard.

Actually I need to map the Status "Approved" of the Item DP with the Status "Released" of the cProjects Phase.

Thanks in Advance,

Santhosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Santhosh,

The t-code will come up only if you have implemented the Note (comes with PPM 5.0 SP07) mentioned by Thorsten above (1567345). As the note explains, it makes the DFM config easy to understand and configure.

For your issue, you dont require the note, but its very useful. Can you explain what settings you already have in IMG for the status sync? i can look at it and tell you where you are missing something.

Thanks,

Gaurav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav,

Thanks for the Reply..

That's great if you can solve my issue.. I 'll send the screenshots which says the steps I followed for the Status synchronization.

Can you please share your mail Id, so that I can send it to you.

you can send your Id to gnsantu@gmail.com

Rgrds,

Santhosh