cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Manager crash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Has anyone experienced the Data Manager client crashing when performing an operation such as matching on a large set of data? Is this a server-side problem, or a client-side problem? A known bug perhaps? Or a misconfiguration somewhere.... Any input would be appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes. I have experienced the same problem.

When I did matching on a large set of data, the data manager just hung.

But the MDM Server was up and running.

When I did the matching on a small set of records, it worked.

I would say that it is due to the load in the Client side.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you find any way to resolve the issue?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Data manager can handle upto a max of 50K records.[as per sap documentation]

System hangs because there is a lot of memory which is used. Remmember - import manager puts all those records in memory and starts its matching activity.

When you use import server.. it uses "record streaming" which means it reads record by record and not the entire file in one shot.

From my experience - if you are handling data running more than 35-40K - use the import server. This record could vary depending on how complex your mapping is.

-Vinay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well, that would be the case. However, the data is already imported. I'm attempting to run a merging strategy from the Data Manager, not the import manager. Any thoughts with regards to that?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Oops .. you are right... my reply was more for Import manager !! Thanks for pointing it out.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harrison ,

This seems to be memery problem only cause every rule in matching will be counted as 1 step . so if you are matching 10 records with 5 rules , then MDM have to perform 50 steps . This will give you an idea for load on MDM .

The solutions you can try is that running Matching in the night in production , this is even what we are doing .

Currently only you would be logged in test environment but running merging in night on remote server will help . Moreover , this will be problem only in initial phase cause later

If there still problem with required suggested hardware , then have to raise an oss message .

Hoep this help sa little ,

- An

Former Member
0 Kudos

I just can't imagine that a memory problem would be affecting me. The server has plenty of memory (according to installation document) and my PC has over 1 gig of memory. Furthermore, based on what you are saying I am lead to believe that it's a memory problem on the server side? Then why would the Data Manager be crashing on my PC? I suppose it's possible, but it looks more like a bug (even pops up the bug report window to Microsoft) due to the fact that the program just closes completely and immediately.