cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email from quality notification with preview attached

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

i need to create an email from a quality notification, and the pdf preview must be automatically attached (pdf created same eay as print preview, with a particular Shop Paper selected).

I tried doing this through action box "Send Mail" option but i could not find any file automatically attached.

I tried also "Send object with note" from the Service for Object button, this way a OBJ file (not .pdf!!) is attached.

could you provide me a solution for this problem, please?

thanks

Andrea

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

anup_patil3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Andrea,

It's bit strange idea to send a print preview in an email. But if that's your business requirement then I believe it's would not be possible just with action box-Send Mail...

You need to talk to technical team if at all it's possible to populate the shop paper print preview in an email and make corresponding changes in FM used to send email (thru action box).

Better option could be send PDF file of shop paper in an email... explore it with business if possible.

Check & revert.

Regards,

Anup

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your answer Anup,

"Better option could be send PDF file of shop paper in an email... explore it with business if possible.

Check & revert."

means that first i have to save in my pc the .pdf and after i have to attach it manually?

no way to do it automatically?

thanks

Andrea

anup_patil3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Andreas,

Could you please let me know what 'Form' & 'Form Routine' is assigned to your shop paper ?

Coz depending upon form routine, we can enter email address by selecting a particular Shop Paper in notification and can send email with PDF attachment.

I don't have that config in place in my system but will try to validate.

Check & Revert.

Regards,
Anup

Former Member
0 Kudos

they are custom form & form routine: ZQNPRINT..ZQM_QNPRINT.

so i don't think we can work on them..

however if you know any standard Shop Paper we can use to test the "Send mail with PDF attached" we could get the result i'm looking for

thanks

A

anup_patil3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Andrea,

Let me check if any available for the same... In the mean time check if below doc (link) will help. It contains program to convert SAP Spool into PDF & send it thorugh email externally.

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/8cd6adbb-0301-0010-39ba-938c601d5...

Check.

Regards,

Anup

Former Member
0 Kudos

as far as i've seen this program transforms the spool in PDF and sends it through mail..however:

1) can i link this to the print preview spool?

2) has the code to be implemented?

if you suggest something already in standard, that permits to send the pdf (similar to "Send object with note" for example) it would be apreciated

for example something like:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_me52/helpdata/EN/a0/c1636cd81711d1953800a0c930e04c/content.htm

(last point)

thanks

A

anup_patil3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Andrea,

1. I didn't get your question... what do you mean by print preview spool? As far as I know, SAP generates a print spool only once it's printed, not when you see preview.

2. If you want to use spool PDF conversion & send it through email, you need to implement the code mentioned in link provided above.

Apologies but I really did not get a chance to look for other standard method to do this... but will check & update you, if any.

Regards,

Anup