Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GRC AC 10.0: End user is repeatedly asked to register self service questions

former_member184114
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am running into a new problem.

When a user tries to register himself for PSS for the first time, it is getting registered successfully (confirmed by the successful message). However, when the same user tries to reset his password by accessing  PSS link, again he is presented with a screen (belonging to "Register Self-Service Questions"), where he is again required to register himself!

However, this time the questions are listed which he registered in step#1, along with the answers and giving no opportunity to type the answers. Please see the below screen:

When I click on "Next" button, it gave me below error:

Can anyone please help me in resolving this issue?

Regards,

Faisal

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Faisal,

Kindly impelement the sap note-1732487 and then retest the issue.

Best Regards,

Nandita

former_member184114
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Nandita,

Now I have successfully implemented the suggested note. However, if I put user id in lower case, it does not recognize!

What I did is, I logged in End User Logon Page using "ZTEST" user id and registered the security questions. Later, reset the password.

After that, I logged in End User Logon Page using "ztest" user id and clicked on "Register Self-Service Questions" to check if it reflects the question registered for user id "ZTEST". However, it was blank.

Does it mean that, whatever user id user uses (lower/upper), is it case sensitive? I believe, it is case sensitive, based upon the understanding from the note.

If it is case sensitive, then it is very difficult for end user to remember while resetting the password!

Cant we have a seemless solution for this? I mean, whether user enters user id in lower/upper case, it should fetch the same user id record.

Please suggest.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Faisal,

This note will help you in resolving your issue.

#1711132: UAM: User search with lower case does not work in Manage PSS

Regards,

Shaily

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Faisal,

Yes,this was a known issue and the fix has been provided in SP09.Kindly implement the S-note as suggested by Shaily to resolve this issue.

Best Regards,

Nandita

former_member184114
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Shaily,

Thanks for your reply and the note.

I applied this note in our system. However, I dont see any change in End User Logon Page!

Did I miss anything here?

Also, how this note#1711132 is going to help me? Because, I am accessing End User Application and there I have this lower/upper case problem.

Please suggest.

Regards,

Faisal

former_member184114
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Nandita,

As I told  you earlier, I have implemented this note in our system.

What I noticed is that, whenever I register a new user for PSS, I need to run this program "ZUPDATE_USER_QUESTIONS" as suggested in the note#1732487.

This is quite strange. I thought this would be for one time only!

May you suggest?

Regards,

Faisal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Faisal,

Kindly test the scenarios with the auto steps included in the note
by registering the new user with the questions and then click on the
passwors reset .

Once every thing works fine then implement the manual steps mentioned
in the note.

Best Regards,

Nandita

former_member184114
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Nandita,

Thanks for your reply.

I am very sorry, but I could not understand what you meant. What I did was, created a report by name "ZUPDATE_USER_QUESTIONS" and copied the code from the note and executed it.

Did I miss anything ?

Please suggest.

Regards,

Faisal

former_member184114
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Nandita,

May you please suggest me?

Regards,

Faisal

former_member184114
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Nandita,

What I did is, now I schedule the report "ZUPDATE_USER_QUESTIONS" on periodic basis. This runs for every one minute to update the table "GRACQUESTION".

Also, I noticed that, I can use "PSS" for user id in lower/upper cases. It presents all the question properly. However, there is only one problem and that is, if I enter user id in upper case and click on

"Register Self-Service Questions" to see the questions already registered, it duly shows the questions. But when I enter the user id in lower case and click on "Register Self-Service Questions" to see the questions for the same user, it shows me a blank page. That means, no questions for the same user entered in lower case!

It does not give any error by the way. I can use "PSS" for both lower/upper case user id for the same user.

Please suggest.

Regards,

Faisal

former_member184114
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Nandita,

May you please suggest?

Regards,

Faisal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Faisal,

On the END USER HOME page try the link "Register Self-Service Questions" first to register questions & User. Then try PSS.

Regards,

Ajesh.

former_member184114
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ajesh,

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, I have already done this. But still it is aksing. It seems it is not saving the registration properly, therefore, repeatedly asking to register again and again...

Regards,

Faisal