cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wily Enterprise Manager and SolMan 7.1 SP4

0 Kudos

Hello,

we had a Solman 7.01 with a running Wily EM 8.2.3.5. We upgraded our SolMan to 7.1 SP4 and I would like to move to Wily EM 9.1.0.0. But I am running in some trouble - hope I can get some hints here:

1) Old EM was installed in /usr/sap/PS1/ccms/wilyintroscope. Wily_Introscope_V9_Installation_Guide_for_SAP.pdf tells me to install EM 9 to /usr/sap/ccms/apmintroscope. I did this successfully - EM is installed an running. But: When I call Introscope Workstation from Workcenter I get the message that all configured Enterprise Managers are offline. When I got the the url http://<solman>:8081/workstation?host=<solman>&port=6001 wily starts and I can see the triages etc.

So I think that something is wrong with my config but I can not get solman_setup to take my values - I tried "Import existing installation" a few times - without success. (Maybe I should install to the old directory wilyintrosope - but if it is changed there should be a reason [btw: what is the reason?] and I would like to follow the standard ...)

2) I saw that with SolMan 7.1 SP4 you can do a remote installation of wily EM. Did anybody succeed with that? I run in the problem that ca-eula.txt is not valid because it is not accepted - but definitly I changed reject to accept.

Thanks for any hints!

Frank E. Seidel

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. after completion of the wily installation, have you gone through the solman_setup completely from scratch?

In basic config you have introscape configuration, what is the parameter you defined there, that is value system going to use for entire functions.

Hence if you miss wrong (port, user name., pw, url wrong) you get the negative result.

Please proceed the solman_setup from scratch again and update.

if still you get the error,, let me know at which step you are getting this error.

Thanks

Jansi

0 Kudos

Hi Jansi,

thanks for dealing with my issue.

Yes I have gone through solman_setup completly from scratch - but there is not much to do before step 3.1 which deals with wily enterprise manager.

In step 3.1 I see my manually installed EM with status "wrong enterprise manager definition" and in the details I see port, user_name and url set to the correct values.

Also I see that the password for the connection user is missing. So I click on user management and add the user - and now I saw the "save" button!

Now the user with his password is saved.

Situation is now: Status is red - Enterprise Manager is offline. In dtails I find:

Offline - The EM Connection cannot be established (caused by :java.sql.SQLException: Failed to establish connection to Isengard Server. Caught Exception com.wily.isengard.message.MessageUndeliverableException: Message Reply Time Out_)

Best regards,

Frank

satishra
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Make sure...Introscope EM is reachable from Solution Manager Host..check with ping and also telnet EM Host Port Number..

and also make sure  SMDAgent OS user has read and write authorization

on the EM path /usr/sap/wilyfolder

try restarting the wily em once...check wily log files..(EM Service) if issue occurs..try different wily users..like guest, admin..

0 Kudos

Hi Satish,

Introscope EM is installed on same host as SolMan - so it is reachable. Telnet on EM host port is working.

I have set read/write authoritation for group sapsys - both SMDAgent OS user (daaadm) and SolMan OS user (which is EM OS user also) belog to group sapsys.

Regards,

Frank

ZhangMingquan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Frank,

From the error message, it seems ISENGARD web server is not working or cannot be connected.

Have you tried to stop all EM related processes and then restart EM?

Probably a restart of OS will solve this issue.

Regards,

Mike

0 Kudos

Hi Mike,

sorry for the late reply. I already have stopped EM. A also reinstalled EM a few times. I did not restart the OS - this is our productive SolMan, so it is not that simple to get a downtime to restart the machine ... But: Since I can use Wily if I go to the URL with a browser I think the problem is with the connetion to SolMan - so I think that ISENGARRD is running but SolMan is not able to connect.

Regards,

Frank

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry for the long reply but after many frustrating hours of diagnosis and hair loss I have figured out the issue and came up with a "work around."  As a side note, I think this issue would only arise on a Unix system and not a Windows based system.

The root of the issue is that we installed the Wily Enterprise Manger under the Solution Manager (SOL) AIX user account (soladm) and the Solution Manager system utilizes the AIX admin account of the SMD agent (daaadm) to control the starting and stopping of the EM. While we have set the rights on the directories to 775 we run into issues when starting the EM under soladm and trying to control the EM from Solution Manager using daaadm.  All new files are created with the 644 (rw,r,r) permissions.  This is because the default system file permissions are 666 – umask[022] = 644  So when the EM is started under the soladm account all of the files are owned by soladm with rights of 644.  Starting and stopping the EM within Solution Manager will fail as the files cannot be written to with the daaadm user.

From and architectural point of view, I think the Solution Manager program should utilize the soladm account as opposed to the daaadm account as the daaadm is meant for only the SMD agent and not anything else.  We run into problem on Unix when multiple users trying to control the same software systems.  For the time being, I have assigned all of the EM files to daaadm and everything is working properly.  Bottom line is that the EM instructions will need to be updated to define to either install EM under the Solution Manager OS account (soladm) or the daaadm account.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi jansi

I am doing SOLMAN 7.1 SP4,.Got struck with Basic configuration 3.1 step  ca WILY. below i display the message for the error.

Offline - The EM Connection cannot be established (caused by :java.sql.SQLException: Failed to establish connection to Isengard Server. Caught Exception com.wily.isengard.message.MessageUndeliverableException: Message Reply Time Out_).

My EM Service is running .

Wily 9 i am using and after installation wily 9 succesfulll  i installed the ISAGENT 9..

Got struck with the Enterprise Manager showing offline in 3.1 step.Current SAP HOST AGENT patch level 135.Need your inputs to resolve the issue.

Regards

Pankaj

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Everyone,

could any of you guys clarify my questions and doubts.

1.while installing Wily is the OS user DAAADM is enough or do we need to have any other user.

2.If the Wily is being installed on Solman Host do we require a separate Diagnostic agent for solman self monitoring or can we use the same agent for both Solman and Wily.

please help me with the above queries as we have started the solman configuration.

Regards,

Bala.

ZhangMingquan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Bala,

1. daaadm should be OK, but it's recommended to use <sid>adm, sid is your Solution Manager SID.

2. 1 diagnostics agent should be enough.

Cheers,

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mike,

Many thanks for your answer on this. Just let me know if any more pre-requisites required other than the below mentioned ones.

1.Installing Willy in Solman Host(preferred and recommended).

2.Installing Diag agents on all managed Hosts.

3.Upgrade the CR content of SLD which we will use for Solman. As far as i know preferring PI SLD is recommended right....

please let me know your comments.

Regards,

Bala

ZhangMingquan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Please refer to SAP Solution Manager Setup wiki

https://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/display/SMSETUP/Home

tomas_lindberg
Participant
0 Kudos

I also had the same/similar issue, until I understood what user to use as the connection user.

When using user "admin" with the password used to connect to the webview the connection worked for me again.

former_member206167
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I faced same issue, the problem was I installed Wily using root account, I reinstalled the product using user <SID>adm and issue solved.

Aditionally try to connect to your Wily using webgui, logon to the tool and check you can see Dashboards

Hope this helps

0 Kudos

Some news: We installed the latest kernel. Of course we had to stop the SAP for that. But after the restart of our SolMan the problems with Wily (Isengard) are gone.

Regards,

Frank

Former Member
0 Kudos

Frank,

I was seeing a similar issue.I noticed that the server name for the diagnostics agent that was associated with the EM was incorrect.  When I looked at Basic Configuration > step 3 for the Wily configuration under the detail section , the SMD agent was correctly specified but Server Name was incorrect.  The only way I ultimately corrected was to go to the agent, edit the \usr\sap\DAA\SMDAgent\configuration\runtime file and commented out the parameter sap.solution.server.name.   After re-starting the SMD agent and associating with the server name again was I able to successfully complete the setup.

Not sure if this is the same issue that you're having but it's worth a look.

regards,

Todd

0 Kudos

Hi Todd,

in the detail section I see correct SMD Agent and correct servername. So I think this is not the reason for my issue.

Regards,

Frank

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Frank,

one thing is sure, system is not able to make a connection to your active wily.

I asked you to do the solman_Setup from scratch, might be there are some services which needs to activated again, and also webservice port creation, web service user creation all the steps related to connect your wily.

now it is connection issue, remove the wrong wily data by option "remove from the list" in 3.1 introscope configuration.

1. login with DAAADM user and check will you able to access the wily folder at oslevel. ( Other way give DAAADM as admin access and rerun the step 3.1 again)

2. If DAAADM is fine, then click the import existing installation, make sure the installation path you given correct, and the smd agent which on the solman is selected, after discover installation are you getting any error,  if yes, your issue stuck here.

3. If you able to see your installed wily agent as result, now select the user assignement and maintain your admin user of wily, check whether this step fails.

you can also get detail error in expert mode.

please check

Thanks

Jansi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Frank, did you ever find a solution to this problem?  I am running into the same exact issue.

Regards, Shaun

0 Kudos

Hi Shaun,

sorry for the late response. No, I did not find a solution so far. At the moment I do have other things to do but after that I will work on this again. And you - any news about your problem?

Regards,

Frank