cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Solman 7.1 CHaRM - Speed up normal change

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello SCN community,

I Have a question, it is possible to achieve functionality  urgent change to normal change ? I mean, actions in top menu, for example when I set  status 'Pass normal change to test' transport should be imported to QAS system so how does it work for urgent change.

I made customizing in SPRO for  'Depending on Status' and add line:

ZMMJ          ZMMJHEAD          E0004          40          IMPORT_TEST but when I save document exception occur:

Condition not fulfilled due to exception

Message no. SOCM_ACTION_LOG 092

Diagnosis

A technical exception was raised in the PPF action handling.

System Response

If the PPF action is a condition check, the condition is initially considered as not met, and leads to another warning, an error message, or status reset, depending on the configuration.

If the PPF action is the execution of a task in the task list, and the exception is critical, there is another error message in the document.

Procedure

The condition cannot be met until the cause is removed. Analyze all messages in the transaction application log.

Procedure for System Administration

Analyze any other messages in the task list application log, and the entries for the object /TMWFLOW/CMSCV

Additional Information:

Enter a production system and client

/TMWFLOW/TS_GET_FRONT_SYSTEM:E:/TMWFLOW/TASKLIST:143

Any tips will be appreciated.

BR,

SAPFan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

mich_vollmer
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi SAPFan,

the urgent and normal change functionality and ChaRM actions/consistency checks, too are defined by their proxy class. Not every ChaRM action usable in the urgent change is usable in the normal change. Further on, the tasklist is special, urgent change has it's own task list which only supports one track. In the normal change, you can create transports for more than one productive system when you have multiple logical components and two+ production systems.

best regards,

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Michael,

Thanks for reply. So I can not import TR to QAS using actions in CRM UI ?

Maybe the other way. In tcode SCMA I trigger import to QAS system, how to schedule the job (program name /TMWFLOW/SCMA_TRORDER_IMPORT) every 15 minutes ? When I go to SE38 and display variants for this program on status bar:

Program /TMWFLOW/SCMA_TRORDER_IMPORT has no selection screens

Our aim is to automate CHaRM process for Normal Change. We need schedule this job every 15 minutes, and job should import only TR with status 'Successfuly tested' on QAS. It`s possible ?

I`ve read Dolores blog: http://scn.sap.com/people/dolores.correa/blog/2009/07/22/change-request-management-scenario-usual-qu... but scheduling is described hourly.

BR,

SAPFan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

other way, go to the task list of your mainenance cycle, select the action "Import Transport request", -> right click, you can see schedule, -> in the pop up screen there is the option as "Periodic schdule" now execute the scedule option with your choice,

there are other ways for UC as

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_sm40/helpdata/en/96/0737423df2b26be10000000a155106/content.htm

Please check

Thanks

Jansi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jansi,

Thank you for reply.

I know this pop window, I should schedule the job to for example to 2112 year every 15 minutes to achieve requirements (Import to QAS every 15 minutes)? I`ve tried to schedule via SM36 but cannot set variant for program.  The business needs are:

• create transport when status of NC i 'in development',
  • import to QAS when NC status 'To be tested'.

BR,

SAPFan

mich_vollmer
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi SAPFan,

with SP5 there is a new functionality called status-driven import. This should be possible then. You can define the import into systems roles when a specific user status is reached. The import is done by the background job,

Furtheron, you could in SP5 use the ChaRM Dialog Framework to bring up a pop up to create a transport request when a specific user status is reached. It's not automatically created but the pop up comes up automatically for the user to create it when the user status is reached.

With the ChaRM Dialog Framework you can register popups to come up depending from a PPF action. The is already used in the SMHF when the user status 'In development' is reached.

You could reuse this for your change document. I would like to post more infos after my holiday on this topic.

best regards,

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Michael,

Thank for reply, I'll check your solution soon and look forward to your posts about this topic.

I wish you nice vacation!

Best regards,

SAPFan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Michael,

I`ve made customizing for 'Assign Dialog Box' to a PFF Action in SPRO tcode, but nothing happens when status of NC is set to 'in development'. I have create Action 'ZMMJ_TRANSPORT_TO_SANDBOX_MJ' which is the same as SMMJ_TRANSPORT_TO_SANDBOX_MJ, tiggers on Save & status is 'in development'

Please advice.

BR,

SAPFan

mich_vollmer
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

have you defined the PPF action as HF_EXECUTE_ACTION with the container element ACTION_ID = 'TR_SBOX_WEB' ? Check SMMJ_TRANSPORT_TO_SANDBOX_MJ which is the standard PPF action to start the Web UI...

Check the original entry below. You see, the entry BSP UI Usage and BSP INterface is different.

best regards,

Michael

s,

Answers (0)