cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Limit question for old customers and Sales Orders

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My company has recently introduced simple credit management and it works perfectly for new customers who are added to the credit control area.

It also works when an old customer has been added to the Credit Control Area(CCA) and a new Sales Order is created and invoiced, but if I modify a Sales Order that was created and invoiced before the customer was added to the CCA then I get the message "Credit data will not be redetermined" and I can go over the limit without getting any error message.

If I look in FD32 then I can see that the Credit Exposure field is taking into account Open Items from before the customer was added to the CCA.

So my questions are:

Why do I not get the error message for going over the credit limit when adding line items to a sales order that was created before the customer was added to the  Credit Control Area?

Can I get the error message to appear?

Thanks

Cormac

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Once you active the Credit Management, it is obvious that SAP will consider all the customer which is available.

And also it counts the Credit Exposure if there is any open balances.

If you need to get the warning or error message, it is must to maintain the credit limit for that particular CCA.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manimaran

I have maintained a credit limit for the customer in that CCA but I only get an error message on Sales Orders created after the date the customer was added to the CCA and given a credit limit. Sales Orders created before this date can have new line items added without an error message if the total goes over the limit.

How do I get this error message to appear?

Thanks

Cormac

Former Member
0 Kudos

Maintain the credit limit as on required date.

Can you configure the risk category which is in '001' .

Assign this risk category in your credit master (FD32).

The above setting will solve your requirements.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manimaran,

As per your sugestions;

I have maintained the Credit Limit at a date which is before the customer was created. I assume you mean  the Last General Info field.

I also assigned the risk category 001 in FD32 (I'm not sure what you mean by "configure the risk category which is in '001'")

I still get no warning message for the Sales Order which was created before the customer was added to the CCA.

I took a look at table VBAK and I see the following

Sales Doc.

Created on

Time

CCAr

Cred. acct

Cred

Cred.rep.grp

Risk category

Curr.

10/07/2012

08:38:49

10/07/2012

10:42:24

EUR

So I think while the fields CCAr, Cred. acct, Risk categor and Curr are empty for 280073 then it will not get the error message iam looking for.

Do you know how to populate those fields?

Thanks

Cormac

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please make sure the below settings are fine.

• SM30 (Customizing Object T001CM) - Permitted Credit Control Areas per Company Code
  • OVAK -

Sales Document Type

OR

Credit Check

D

Credit Group

• OVAD

Delivery Type

LF

Delivery credit group

<blank>

GI credit group

<blank>

• OB01

Risk category for 1000

• OVA8

Credit control Area

Risk category

Document credit group

Credit control

High Risk Goods Issue

• OVA7 - For item category that is ,XXX, XXX, XXX, set the credit active indicator
  • V/08 - In your Pricing Procedure For step ' Total (Net Value + Rounding off) check, set the sub total indicator to ”A - Carry over price to KOMP-CMPRE (credit price)”
  • OB45 -

Update

000012 – Open order value on time axis, delivery and bill. Doc value.

Please update with the test results.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manimaran,

Thanks for your help, I added 000012 in OB45 and that worked out, but I had to run F.28 to update the old Sales Orders after making the change.

Thanks again

Cormac

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

You need to re-organize your Credit Master Data with T-Code F.28.

Please refer the below thread for more explanation: http://scn.sap.com/thread/2038655

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For Solution please try this below report

The RFDKLI20 report recreates the SD and FI credit data after organizational
changes. You can also start it directly using Transaction F.28

Regards,

MH