cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOXI 3.1 : How to activate individual cells in a crosstab

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a webi crosstab report. I need to use hyperlink function to point it to another detailed report.

eg:Country and department are the 2 dimensions and measure is number of employees.

Department1Department2Department3
Country1458
Country2845
Country3584

The hyperlink will be there on the body of the crosstab so that whenever the user clicks on 4 (Country1, Department1) it should display a detailed report giving the list of 4 employee and other details.

But in webi if I use the cross tab template all the cells in the body of the report is selected.

Question1: Is there a way I can individually tag hyperlinks to each cell?

Question2: If in worse case scenario if I have to create 9 variables in the report and insert values in individual cells. I want to know what is the maximum limit on number of variables/formulae that a single webi report can have without effecting the performance of the report?

Please let me know if you need more details.

Thanks for your help!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi dave,

You  need to pass the Country and Departments(don't consider employee count)take  as prompt values to the sub report which is having emp info...

let me know anything is required.

Regards

Subbarao.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am also developing a Webi report  XI 3.1 SP4 and I have 65 variables so far, I am expecting to create close to 300+ variables in the report- I know that sounds crazy but that is the truth and I also have the same question on what is the Maximum limit for Webi Variables.

Raju

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Why don't you use Derived table / views to reduce these many variables?  I am sure with these many variables end user will be screwed...