cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Storage Wastage of Finished Products........

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends!!!!!!!!!!! In our industry we are producing Volatile finished products. After production we stored these finished products in storage tanks, but due to temprature it gets loss due to its volatile nature. As these products are excisable, we have to pay excise to central excise. In SAP how this storage wastage entry has to book so that stock get reduced & also how to capture the excise related entry? Please guide............... ThanksRAVI

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

how do you treat this loss? just consult your business how should such loss be reported, and based on the that movement type document, you can always reverse excise through J1IS, and J1IIN.

Regards,

Dakshesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks For Reply......

Actually we are showing as Evaporation losses. And we have to pay excise duty against same quantity. Our accounts team wants to generate COGS of the same & pay only excise duty.

former_member186100
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

evaporation losses may be continuous but at certain point i think your business team will identify quantity and book loss. That may be just before sale to customer or at every month end.

I am not sure what really problem is as i think you can simply issue material using MB1A movement 231 or 201 or 551 , which ever suits your purpose.

I am guessing you want to post excise entries as

COGS dr. to excise duty payables.

for fullfilling this requirement just create addition excise subtransaction ... say " 03" and enter COGS account in excise transaction OTHR - under column .. cenvat clearing and cenvat suspense account.

I am suggesting you to use J1IS with reference to material document ( MB1A one).

let me know if you need more clarifications