SAP for Retail Discussions
Join conversations about personalization, omnichannel strategies, and operational excellence in retail using SAP for Retail software.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Retail Sites with Leading 0's

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Retail Guru's,

Need to understand the downstream process impact of having leading 0's in the site master (ex: 0123, 0786 etc). I understand there will be an impact in the interface objects and the custom enhancements where the site customer number / local assoortment number is used interchangeably with the site code. Apart from this would leading 0 cause any other impact in the down stream supply chain process? Pls confirm.

Regards,

Selvakumar

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Selvakumar,

There is no downstream process impact of having leading 0's in the site master, even this is a common/general nomenclature for defining the site master.

And even there will not be an impact in the interface objects & the custom enhancements where the site customer number /local assortment number is used interchangeably with the site code as it will then check for other parmenters to identify.

So having Site with leading 0 will not a big issue for any other processes.

BR

Anup

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Selvakumar,

There is no downstream process impact of having leading 0's in the site master, even this is a common/general nomenclature for defining the site master.

And even there will not be an impact in the interface objects & the custom enhancements where the site customer number /local assortment number is used interchangeably with the site code as it will then check for other parmenters to identify.

So having Site with leading 0 will not a big issue for any other processes.

BR

Anup

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

When you have leading zeros to site number,  most of the MM transactions (eg: ME21N, MMBE, MD04, ME2L) expect the users to use leading zeros. However, there are some retail transactions such as WRP1 are exceptions to this.

Thanks,

Venu