Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with SSO on SCN

ceedee666
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I'm currently facing the following problem with the SSO in SCN. I have a s-user account to access service.sap.com. To simplify logon I imported the security certificate into firefox. If I now try to log into SCN the login is always performed using the security certificate of my s-user. I never get the possibility to choose to log in with my actual SCN account.

Any ideas how to solve this?

Thanks,

Christian

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

lukemarson
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Christian,

I also have this problem since the new SCN (although it was fixed for a few weeks) and although I reported it, SCN helpdesk always stop replying after the second or third mail.

When you get the certificate selection pop-up window just press Cancel and then you should go to the SCN login screen where you can login with your username/password. There is no way of getting SSO to work in Firefox with your S-user certificate. Even if you delete the certificate you will have the same problem.

Best regards,

Luke

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member190578
Participant
0 Kudos

I am using Firefox and weeks ago I had problems to log on with a certificate.

The problem was the certificate was expired. You don't see any hint for this problem.

NOW I got always a new error message:

But when I use the 'refresh button' <F5> the error disappears...

Still far too much errors on the SAP internet page.. it's really annoying.

I don't report every error because this is also annoying.

Today I have to change my password.... also annoying!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Has anyone ever figured this out?  I'm using Chrome and I accidentally used my S-number certificate to logon to SCN.  I have 5 S-numbers and a P-number.  I always use the logon to SCN with my email address (e.g. my P-number), but now it won't prompt me.  I've tried deleting my browser history and cookies and that does not work.

Thanks,

Todd

oliver
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Christian,

you have to remove the cert when using Chrome. I don't think it allows a cert popup like Firefox. Remove it from the Internet Options (Windows) or Keychain (OS X), and it should show the user/password form again.

oliver
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Christian,

you have to configure Firefox to show a popup for confirmation, when a website is requesting a client site certificate. You find that configuration option in Preferences -> Advanced -> Encryption.

Best,

Oliver

ceedee666
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Oliver,

thanks for the hint. I'm already using this setting. However, since today firefox is showing the pop up again and I cans choose not to log in with my s-user certificate.

I've no idea why it is now working again....

Christian

JasonLax
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Christian,

What browser are you using?  Have you tried clearing your cache and resetting your password?

Jason