Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP_J2EE_ADMIN

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

For some of our support users, we are trying to proivison the access for 'System information' WebAs link for XI system(Java stack).

For which we have created a customized Z role copying the 'SAP_J2EE_ADMIN' role including all UME groups as standard admin role.

When users trying to access to URL to check system information, it throws authorization error. If we assign the standard SAP role it works fine.

One of my firend in Basis said that this role cannot be customized and even if we did it wont work properly.

Can somone tell me is it right approach to create a Z role copying the std J2ee admin role?.

Is there any one came across such issues and resolved it. If yes, please let me know how this can be fixed.

Thanks in advance

Regards

Karthick M

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are you trying the same and revert back if you need any clarifications.

Appreciate if it is useful

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is right only we can create a custom role manually for the SAP_J2EE_ADMIN ( please refer note Note 631583 - Roles for connecting the SAP J2EE Engine ).

Intially you will build a custom role with the help of SAP_J2EE_ADMIN and assign the same to a test user ID. you just put on the trace and recitify it if any authorization issue will happen.

Kindly revert if you facing any issues and also appreciate if it is usefull.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are you trying the same and revert back if you need any clarifications.

Appreciate if it is useful