cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BRARCHIVE skip the sequence number on standby database

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

While im trying to apply the redolog files on my standby database, it prompted me with ORA-00289 and suggests a redolog file sequence number 311230 and with a specific change number. But the redolog file 311230 - 311299 cannot be found on both primary and standby database. I cannot continue my application because the script keeps looking for sequence 311230. I want to skip the sequence and start appliying redolog file 311300.

How can I skip this sequence number? are there any files which I can modify? or SQL scripts I could use?

Here is a link with the same case. But I dont know what they mean by deleting the block of logging in archSID.log and what and where I could find the entry that I have to rename.

http://www.sapfans.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=226007

Please suggest.

Thank you in advance!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ruchit and Sunny,

Thanks for your help. I will just re create the standby on scratch.

Thank you,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ruchit and Sunny,

Does it mean that, every redolog file is consist of different change objects and that another one would not carry the changes that is on the previous files? Are you saying that there is no other work around here but to build the standby on scratch? Just want to clarify these things.

Thank you,

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, you are right. Redolog files contains changes in sequence way. Until you would not apply previous changes you cannot apply latest changes to the system. As this is essential to maintain consistency of the database.

Thanks

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ralph,

Archivelogs don't carry cumulative changes if you may. Think of them as ABAP Support packs where in you need if you need to go from stack C to stack F (for example) then you need to apply the intermediate one also sequentially i.e D and E also.

So if you need to get your stand by DB consisent with primary you need all archivelogs.

In certain cases you can live without archivelogs applied but not in this case.

Regards.

Ruchit Khushu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ralph,

Log shipping and their application on standyby ought to be an  automated process.Aren't you using DataGuard ?

Regardless of that you have to go to apply every single archivelog.If you have lost the logs better idea would be set up standyby from the scratch.

Also it is hard to belive that you have a standy DB but no standard backup proceedures for something like archivelogs.In case some other team is looking into that youshould check with them and get the logs from them.

Regards.

Ruchit Khushu

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You cannot skip the sequence as it contains change information. So until you would not apply change 311230, you cannot jump to sequence 311300.

You should check on your primary if this sequence got deleted by backup.

Thanks

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunny,

Can you check the link that I've posted. I think we have the same issue but I think he did skipped the currupted files. My files are accidentally deleted on the Primary and I do not have the copy on the standby either.

Thank you,

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is not valid in your case because SCN number which stand by db is looking for was there on your primary system. If you would not apply those archive on stand by then stand by db will not be in sync with your primary system which will defeat your purpose of creation stand by db.

Thanks

Sunny