Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Proforma Invoice for Quotes

former_member196521
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I have a requirement where I need to create a proforma invoice for quotes, I have already maintained copy controls from quote to proforma invoice, however my item is batch specific, in my vov7 setting, I had set my billing relevance as N also tried with D as well however when I am creating my proforma invoice with reference to my quote the system is throwing the below, is there any standard billing type in the system where I can maintain a proforma invoice for my quote? and how do I resolve the below error?

The item is not relevant for Billing.

Group Number

Sales Document Number                  0010000046

Item Number of the SD Document         000010

Schedule Line Number                   0044

Counter in Control Tables              00

Message Identification                 VF

System Message Number                  044

Output Type                            I

Message Variable 01

Message Variable 02

Message Variable 03

Message Variable 04

Group Type                             F

Kind Regards

Atul

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI !

This is not a valid business process . why you need to create a PI from Quotation. where as according to SAP and business there is no business implication from the quotation.

Try to under stand the full process and convience the client of the impact. and why they need PI from QT instead of OR.

Where as you are trying to create the P! from quotation . so the item category of Quotation is not relevant for billing so it gives you error.

If you want  you can do it to change as relavant for billing  for that item category. in "VOV7"

But it may impact you business.

1:- it may include for your MRP run after create the Quotation. so need to check for tht.

Hope it may help you.

Regards

Pitabash

former_member196521
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

Thanks for the reply I will check the same again from the client, but however creating a proforma invoice does not generate any accounting entry hence I do not think it would have any implications from a business point of view.

In VOV7 I did make changes as per my earlier post above however the error still persists.

Kind Regards

Atul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Atul,

first thing is copy control has to be done from QT to F5 (billing doc type) proforma invoice for order, in item category assign D for billing relevance and in VOV8 billing order related billing type F5.

hope this will solve your issue.

Thanks

VSA

former_member196521
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Aasish,

Thanks for the help issue resolved.

Kind Regards

Atul

prakash_parikh
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Collegues,

I had similar requirement. In quote I had some billing type assigned ZXX with revenue account determination.

Client require to create quote and also proforma for their customer's hirearchy to approve. They pay advance against this proforma so we again create billing type ZABC from Quotation only. so I have billing type ZXX assigned to quote document type ZABC.

Customer pay advance money as per bill type proforma invoice.

Here I noticed strage that even though I had assigned billing type ZXX in quote, when I tried to create proforma invoice type F5, it was created. Although I maintained copy control and item category relavant for billing B type.

Can anyone tell why F5 could be generated eventhough I had assigned billing type only ZABC and not F5? Whether standard functionality allows to create F5 for any document types?

Thanks

Prakash

Answers (0)