cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quality Notification - Task Tab Field Configuration

mike_mitchell
Explorer
0 Kudos

I am looking for some direction on how to control the entry fields on the 'Tasks' tab of the notification.  

First question:

How do you enter the name of a third party (not an SAP user in your company) in the  'Responsible' column of the task?   I assume there would be a one time setup of these names in some configuration table or possibly a Z* table to allow a lookup?

Second question:

Upon generation of tasks, a default set of tasks is created (which we have configured) and presented with a sequential sort number in the first column.  Assume that there is a list of task codes 10, 20, 30, 40, 50.  Each of these rows has a corresponding sort number of 1 - 5.  A new task is now added to the bottom of the list which has task code of 21 with a sort number of 6 automatically assigned.  From a users perspective, task code 21 should now be assigned sort number 3 with all of the other rows bumped down the list by 1.  Is there any way to do this automatically upon addition of the new task?

Any pointers would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks - Mike

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

anup_patil3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Mike,

To answer your question-

1. You can use any Partner Function having type-AP (Contact Persons). Coz I believe, you can define third-party person as customer (contact person) with general data and use in Task.

2. I'm really not sure if we've any standard function for your requirement.

Please check.

Regards,

Anup

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Correct fro your first querry u need to chek the Partner function properly and as per your requirement assign it.

Secondly there is no standard functionality for this, u neec to customize or need to apply some user exit related to notification task and sub screens.

Regards

mike_mitchell
Explorer
0 Kudos

Just to clarify - the third party to be assigned as the person responsible for the task has no relation to the customer of the notification.  From what I can see, selection of a Contact Person seems to drive a search with a filter on the customer number.

How would you add a name to the 'Interested Party' menu selection?  This might be closer to what I am looking for.

Thanks - Mike

mike_mitchell
Explorer
0 Kudos

Upon further review, I see there is a partner function in configuration for name 'External warehouse'.  How is this enabled and how do you add contact names for this item?

Thanks - Mike

anup_patil3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mike,

External Warehouse is having Partner Type-LS (Logical System)... so it's like some external / third party system (normally defined in tcode-WE20)... can not use this as you might need to define hundreds of such external partners.

Regards,

Anup

mike_mitchell
Explorer
0 Kudos

Anup,

Assume we have our own Z* table populated where we would already know the entry for the Responsible column based on the responsible plant for the complaint as well as the task.  To save on data entry, upon creation or generation of the tasks would it be possible to auto-populate the Responsible column? 

Or, if the auto-population is not possible, to at least allow a lookup refernce into this Z* table when the user is searching for a name to enter for the Responsible column.  I'm just looking for a solution where I could avoid maintenance of the Z* table entries in addition to maintaining a corresponding partner record.

Thanks - Mike

anup_patil3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mike,

Assuming you've Z table populated with responsible person data.. but you will not be able to populate the same in column-Responsible in Q-notification, coz this field can accomodate a value pertains to Partners assigned in column-Task Processor.

But if you've okay to maintain Z table with required values & ready to populat the same in Q-notification at some place then I can suggest you to maintain the same in column/field-Completed By. This is like text field & you can populate with your required values.

Hope this will help. Revert if any further issue.

Regards,

Anup

Answers (0)