Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP gui 730 problems on 4.6C/4.70 backends in se38/se80

matteo_montalto
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi all gurus,

we're facing an odd behaviour on some older backend with the new sap GUI release.

Shortly: we are working in change mode, or even creating a new report or function module, from se38/se37.

If we cut & paste some lines of sourcecode, a syntax error is triggered when we check the code itself.

The check function often deletes portions of the source code itself, triggering syntax errors.

See the example that follows; after the foo variable declaration there WAS a function module call; I simply pressed the check button, and that's what I see.

We're dealing with these problems only with the new SAP GUI (720 works fine instead) and only on these backends (on an ECC 6.0 we don't have such problems).

Did anyone experience the same behaviour? Is there any feasible solution or workaround?

Another question... is it possible to have two different SAP GUI versions installed on the same machine?
Thanks in advance,

Best regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matteo,

I had the same problem with older 640.  As soon as I saved my code, most would be 'missing' (in the Backend-Editor it was still visible, albiet with trailing garbage...)

So, I swapped the DLL that holds the Textedit control with  a 7.20 GUI (I used 7200.2.4.223), and it worked!

How it do it:

• Stop the GUI
  • Run (in a Command-Prompt Window)

regsvr32 /u "c:\Program Files\SAP\FrontEnd\SAPgui\textedit.dll"

(change the Path appropriately)

• Swap the DLLs
  • Run

regsvr32 "c:\Program Files\SAP\FrontEnd\SAPgui\textedit.dll"

And, if there weren't any error messages, then it could work...

But beware, it may have unknown side-effects that could cause premature balding...

Regards,

Rob

matteo_montalto
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hey Rob, this seems to be a proper workaround even though, as you said, there should be unexpected side-effects... Surely I'll give it a try anyway.

I'm quite surprised that such an huge issue has not "officially" been raised, imho it should lead to an urgent fix and patch integration.

Let's wait for a response from SAP, or just a patch release 😛

EDIT: just tried, it works. Thanks again Rob!

Former Member
0 Kudos

This workaround also helped me, thank you so much!

Has anybody discovered any side-effects of DLL substitution, maybe with newer systems?

matteo_montalto
Contributor
0 Kudos

I did not get any undesired side effect from the DLL substitution so far... (finger crossing).
Anyway, SAP should be aware of this huge bug so I'd expect this issue to be fixed soon.

jude_bradley
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Mattheo.

What basis level are you at??

With SAPKB46C64, the issue seems to not occur,

Can someone confirm this?

Jude

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Rob,

I like your answer and I try do it, but I don´t finish the resolution. Can you explain me, what I have to do with this:

I swapped the DLL that holds the Textedit control with  a 7.20 GUI (I used 7200.2.4.223),

I don´t understand. I have to change the textedit.dll of 7.30 GUI for the textedit.dll 7.20 GUI and run the last one.

Thanks!!!

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member80258
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Matteo.

Some issues has the new SAPGUI 730, for this, SAP AGS shall delivery coming soon level patch 2 for that SAPGUI

Attach the text on this SAP Note 1053737:

Erick Verbena

PROLAMSA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all, just stumbled on this post and figured I might as well reply.

There is a patch level 3 coming out in January / February which the fix included for this issue.

I raised it with SAP about a month ago because we experienced the same issue in our company where we have systems dating from 4.6b till ECC6..

So be patient and it shall be fixed. Untill then, if you google, there is a 'hack' available that will fix the problem as well.

jude_bradley
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Matteo,
It's not possible to have two different versions of SAPGUI for Windows installed,but it

is possible to have multiple versions of SAPGUI for Java installed on a Windows OS.

Regarding the issue itself, you should raise a message for this issue and provide

the sourcecode for recreating the issue so we can fix the issue.

Jude

matteo_montalto
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jude,

we cannot raise an OSS message to SAP as the switch to 730 release is not a task for the company we're working for, it's merely an update for us, of the dev team, and it's not necessary as we can keep working on the latest 720.

Is there any changelog available for the 730 release? So strange that such an huge problem hasn't been fixed on following releases, we tried the first one.

For what concerns an "howto" for the issue, the procedure is quite simple.

Just copy a custom sourcecode, then create a new FM or report and paste the code previously copied. Then press the "Pretty printer" button.

You should encounter the problem we had tracked in the screenshot above.

Kind regards,

M.

EDIT: I just tried with the latest download available from SAP and nothing changed. How is it possible that a relevant issue like this one hasn't been raised yet? Maybe it's just a configuration issue? Any further info or update on the argument would be highly appreciated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matteo, today we were trying  the new SapGui 7.30 and we have experienced the same errors with older systems.

Particulary Business Information Warehouse 3.0B (SAP_BW 30B, SAP_BASIS 620)

and R/3 release 4.6C (SAP_BASIS 46C)

It seems that the problem is with the line lenght parameter. We were not able to fix this and we had to stop the rollout of new SapGUI.

I just can't imagine that such a huge bug was not found during testing... Maybe some others settings could fix it..

Regards