cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDG F initial File load

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to load GL Accounts(Company Code) data from ECC into MDG.I  have created a new change request type without selecting 'single object' and 'Object requ' checkboxs. I am facing two issues here

1) i am not able to create a change request with my new CR type. I dont get it in drop down .

I have selected the file import in NWBC for finance governance. I  have completed the process till step 4 (Check and execute).I never got a popup to select the change request during any of my steps.

2) i am getting the below errors

a) 'No Change request is assigned to you'

b) 'Data Model OG: No authorization fo entity account(company code) - activity create or generate.

I have tried to find from where this error is getting trigger,but with much success. Please provide your suggestions

Thanks,

Kumar.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nagendra Kumar,

Usually this error occurs when there is no CR for the entity type chosen.

Few questions:

1.Which enhancement package are you working on ?

2.Which data model are you working on [Is it 0G or custom] ?

Checks :

1.If you are working on EhP6,check whther you are working on your own data model by using link      "change data model" on the UI.

2.Have you assigned Entity type [Accounts in your case] and Workflow to the CR.

3.Have you assigned processors to the workflow ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vkanc,

I  am using EHP5  and working on OG model.

Steps followed:

1) Create a custome change request type ,gave edition type OG_ACC , main entity type ACCCCDET,

workflow WS75700040.

2) Assigned the processors to the workflow.

3) created the Change request for the new custom CR type

4) Downloaded the table data from ECC into CSV  file

4) Started the file upload from NWBC..

5) created the version with the structure mapping.

Let me know if I am missing something.

Thanks,

Kumar

5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nagendra Kumar,

Earlier, you were mentioning that you were unable to see the new CR type in dropdown,but now you mentioned that able to create it.

1)If that is the case,check whether you have created an edition with proper date and validity type.

2)Check whether you have created a new CR with proper CR type and edition and importantly it should not be processed to further step [it should just be created, Status: To be evaluated ].

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi VKanc,

The issue of select the CR is resolved. The issue was to due to the variant and file structure mismatch. Now I am able to select my Change request. I am facing lot of formating issues while uploading the GL data from ECC. I am facing the following error.

Account "XCOA/1050900", Field "Group Account": Value "100000" of the characteristic is invalid; use ...

Account "XCOA/1001010", Field "Group Account": Value "100010" of the characteristic is invalid; use ...

My system landscape is MDG on top of ECC  system.

I am taking the dump of SKA1 table into tab delimited text file and following the upload process.Let me know if this proceedure is correct.

Thanks,

Nagendra.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nagendra Kumar,

As the errors suggest,first try to load info for "Group Account" and try.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi VKanc,

I have uploaded GL and GL company data in MDG. Thanks for your help.

Thanks,

Kumar.

former_member203117
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Nagendra,

please can you explain me, how you solved the initial load. My input file has following structure "GL-ACCOUNT;CHART OF ACCOUNT;DESCRIPTION" , I prepared the download from FS00. I need to load the data in MDG-F, I'm getting the error "CHANGE REQUEST NOT ASSIGNED TO YOU" though I have created a changer request for ""PROCESS ACCOUNT - OPTIONAL OBJECTS".

Any inputs will be deeply appreciated.

Regards,

Tushar.

former_member203117
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vkanc,

please can you explain me, how you solved the initial load. My input file has following structure "GL-ACCOUNT;CHART OF ACCOUNT;DESCRIPTION" , I prepared the download from FS00. I need to load the data in MDG-F, I'm getting the error "CHANGE REQUEST NOT ASSIGNED TO YOU" though I have created a changer request for ""PROCESS ACCOUNT - OPTIONAL OBJECTS".

Any inputs will be deeply appreciated.

Regards,

Tushar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tushar,

This error "CHANGE REQUEST NOT ASSIGNED TO YOU" usually occurs when there is any discrepancy in the editions you have chosen and the corresponding CR types created.

So first check whether the entities you are uploading [data in your file] are all having a proper CR type and that are assigned to the current edition type [Note: Once you create a new edition of the same type,the old edition gets expired ].

former_member203117
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Vkanc,

I changed the workflow number in the MDG-F to solve the issue.

Regards,

Tushar.

former_member206605
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Nagendra

I have used the same method to upload the data. But now I facing the same error related to Group Account   -

Account "XCOA/1050900", Field "Group Account": Value "100000" of the characteristic is invalid; use ...

I have 3 COA. COA 1112 - the main COA - Group Account is not required here - Data is successfully uploaded for 1112.

COA 1111 - Here Group account is mandetory - i.e while creating account under 1111, I have to specify group account no from 1112.

COA 1000 - where group account number from 1111 is given.

I did the upload for all these 3 COA last month but now when we changed the data model, system is throwing the above error.

Group account data - 1112 has been uploaded properly. I am facing error while uploading data for 1111.

Can some one suggest if I am missing anything?

Thanks

Ms. Kiran

former_member206605
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Tushar

When you create a change request for data upload,

1. do not select object specified and single object tick.

2. Assign workflow and assign user id's to workflow

3. Create a change request and make sure that the status of the CR is always in process. Do not approve the CR.

This will surely work.

thanks

Kiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I have a same problem during data migration.

I want to upload file, i have created Change request but i don't know how to create variant for step 1 .

Anyone can be help me?

Thanks

Regards,

H.R

former_member206605
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

You have to click on next and then you will get a list of all the fields - define file structure tab. Define the layout here. Click next. There you can find Save variant option. Save it as variant and come out. You can use this as variant then.

Kiran