cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extension Table

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can we show custom field on EM Search Screen stored in custom table?

How fields are updated in Standard tables of EM from AII side?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Berthold_vH
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Gauri,

yes you can do this. SAP EM knows three different kind of parameters: Info-, Controll- and Systemparameters. As you want to use the parameter for the EM Search Screen I recommend to create system parameters.

Therefore you have to fill the structure CONTROLDATA of BAPI /SAPTRX/BAPI_EH_POST. Normally you do this in the application interface. Have a look at the available visibility processes how to fill it (transaction /SAPTRX/ASC0TF and choose Control Parameter Extractors).

In the SAP EM system first define an extension table (TA /SAPTRX/TSC0ET) and assign it to your Event Handler. Then define the system parameter and assign your field of the created extension table (TA /SAPTRX/TSC0PDS). The last step is to do the mapping of the parameter (TA /SAPTRX/TSC0PDM) Pay attention that you choose the right parameter type.

Now your paramter is available and you can add it to your EM search screen. Go to Configure Fields for User Profiles (TA /SAPTRX/UCCF) and create a new search parameter. The last step is to add this new parameter to your selection profile under TA /SAPTRX/UCUP.

Best regards

Berthold

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply

But what i got from this is i can show custom field on SAP EM Screen from standard extension tables (such as saptrx_eh_id, evmid etc)

Can anybody pls tell me how the data flows from AII to EM i mean which BAdI s used to do this? How data is updated in Extension tables?

My requirement is: i have created a custom database table which hold some user data. now i want some fields of this table on EM Screen. question is How I should process this? can i create an extension table for this and do i need to use the same BAdI?  (BAdI - EPCIS Event Capture,  BAdI - Postprocess EPCIS Document Msg, /SAPTRX/BAPI_EH_POST)