cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems receiving e-mails in SAP system OSS note - 607108

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have configured the settings for receiving e-mail's into SAP inbox (Referred : OSS note 455140), When i tried to test the connection as per the OSS note 607108

telnet abc.def.com(sap application server) 25 (smtp-port-of-sap-system) in command prompt it gives the follwing message : Connecting to abc.def.com.... could not open connection to the host, on port 25: connect failed.

How to solve the issue ?

Thanks,

Vimal 

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You need to talk to your firewall team to open the port. On top of that you need to make sure that the IP of your SAP system is populated in the SMTP Relay Agent of your Mail Server.

Also, there is quite a bit more to do so SAP can receive incoming mails. following blog is a good starting point.

http://scn.sap.com/people/thomas.jung/blog/2004/09/09/receiving-e-mail-and-processing-it-with-abap--...

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Juan,

Thanks for your quick reply.

Currently i am working on cloud SAP system. According to your suggestions do i need to consult my SAP firewall team or do i need to talk with the local mail team.

And also could you please suggest any document for setting up the firewall.

Thanks,

Vimal

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If your system is cloud based, You'll need to talk to your supplier team. You do not need a document for setting up a firewall, you just need to make sure you can reach you SMTP server on the required port.

Regards, Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Juan,

I will check and let you know.

Thanks,

Vimal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Juan,

Thanks for your helpful input.

My supplier team gave one external IP, after that i checkecd in SAP application server IP which is stored in SAP logon pad, that is different from external IP. Which ID should i use in MS exchange server ?

I have used both IP in Exchange server its not working ?

For your reference i have attached screen shot of SAP Application server IP.

Port No : 25 (Used for Sending mail SAP to Outlook)

Port No : 25000 and 25001 (Used for receiving e-mail,configured in RZ10 )

which port i have to open ?

And also you replied 'just need to make sure i can reach my SMTP server on the required port' (How to test wheather my SMTP can be reachable or not ? ).

For you reference i have attached Exchange server configuration settings which is gave my local mail team. (I have used external IP which is gave my supplier team )

How to solve this issue ?

Thanks,

Vimal

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Well, all this is good, been your SAP Server in the cloud and your Exchange server on-site you need to consider the best way to approach this.

You need to be able to reach the SMTP server. To test the connection  (I wouldn't use a public IP). simply telnet the SMTP server from your cloud based system on port 25. You can worry about receiving mails once your sending is fixed.

Regards, Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Juan,

I have tested the sending mail from SAP to external id its working fine when all the port is open but our network administator told this is not best practice. After that we go for setting the IP and port, given our supplier team. After changing the IP i am not able to send an e-mail to external id now.

Any Suggestions wheather it should be a local mail team or SAP cloud people ?

Thanks,

Vimal