Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Cryptographic Library installation

jay_b2
Participant
0 Kudos

Can someone please help with the below:

1. In what scenarios apart from using SSL, will we need SAP Cryptographic libraries ?

2. For a distributed installation, I have AIX for app server and Windows for central services instance.. Do I need to update my cryptographic libraries on the server where message & enqueue server resides ? or only the app server ? In what scenarios will I need to update them on central services instance ?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member215961
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jay,

There are lots of scenarios that you require SSL protocol. For instance implementing Electronic payments, etc.

As far as I know SAP Cryptographic libraries are installed on Application Server.

Cheers.

former_member215961
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jay,

Check Help Sap website:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp2004/helpdata/en/96/709b3ad94e8a3de10000000a11402f/frameset.htm

SAP Cryptographic libraries installed only at Application Server.

Can you mark this question as answered ?

Cheers

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member184544
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jay,

SAP comes inbuilt with a security tool kit called SAPSECULIB but this security tool kit is restricted to only digital signatures and certificate management via PSE's but even in digital signatures it only supports DSA algorithm if you need RSA you need to use SAPCRYPTO library.SSL requires algorithms of certain strength and these algorithms are packaged as dlls namely sapcrypto.dll.For more information refer note 578377