cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vendor specific Result Recording in QM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My scenario is that result recording and usage decison should happen when i procure material from domestic vendor and result recording should be skipped when procurement happens from import vendor but usage decision should be made. kindly let me know the required settings.

Regards,

Pragalathan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think the dynamic modification rule is fit for you problem.

first,you create DMR for you material,

in DMR, you set one normal stage,and skip stage,

both of the two has the next stage is itself,

and the start stage is the normal stage( no skip)

for domestic vendor,not need any other data maintained, it stage at normal stage when ever happen,

for import vendor, you should firstly create quality level and set the current stage is thd skip one.

those, when GR from these vendor, inspection stage is alway stay in skip stage,

then you should proccess the skip inspection lot by normal process.

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Why not simply create you lots for domestic vendors as skip lots and the non-domestic vendors you create as normal 01 inspection lots?

FF

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pragalathan,

I think this could be achieved with dynamic modification rule (DMR) at lot level. Refer http://help.sap.com/saphelp_45b/helpdata/en/2d/350d37448c11d189420000e829fbbd/frameset.htm for more details.

Create vendor specific 2 inspection plans. e.g. if material XYZ is being procured from V1(domestic vendor) and V2 (import vendor) then you must create 2 inspection plans. In material assignment tab assign vendor in each plan. Assign DMR to the header of plan containing V2.

Regards,

Anand Rao

anup_patil3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I don't think there is any standard settings available in SAP to achieve your requirement...

You need to go for enhancement.

Check if you can use BAdI- INSPECTIONLOT_UPDATE.

You need to include a logic to check if vendor in PO/GR, linked to insp lot, is domestic or international and process accordingly. For international vendor, you can do RR auto with relevant code in bckground and take directly to UD screen.

Take help from ABAPer for this.

Regards,

Anup

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Pragalathan,

I think its a good practive to allot differnt mateiral numbers to the same mateiral from differnt vendors. Allot Skip to the import vendor material and normal inspection to your other vendor material. I hope this helps. Post back your comments.

To do a Vendor specific skip on an Inspection plan would be much more complicated.

SG