Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XI as a FTP server only

valter_oliveira
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi folks,

I'm trying to implement this scenario:

send a text file using FTP adapter with XI playing only the role of a FTP server, without parsing the file.

I created both receiver and sender comunication channels, and dummy interfaces in receiver determination (in directory). In repository i didn't do anything.

However the 5 seconds interval seems not to works because nothing happens. what should start the scenario?

Am i missing something?

Best regards.

Valter Oliveira.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you cross check your scenario with

/people/william.li/blog/2006/09/08/how-to-send-any-data-even-binary-through-xi-without-using-the-integration-repository

Regards,

Jai Shankar

valter_oliveira
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Wow, thanks for the fast answer,

thank you all for that.

Michal,

I think so. the pool interval is set to 5 seconds, and the path i believe is correct too. a good clue could be that fact that i'm using the delete mode and the file is still there.

Jai,

My scenario is just like the one in the blog. No IR developments, and the step by step instructions of the scenario are similar to my scenario (so i believe the problem is in the communication channels i created).

Mario,

I checked that too ... i have the write rights.

Cornelius,

There's nothing in the adapter monitor. In the filename i used "CGD*", because the files will all have this patern. CGD+date (without extension).

Thanks again for your help.

Best regards.

Valter Oliveira.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Valter,

maybe you should try to change the filename in cc to an easy one to rule out some wildcard and capitol letter problems. for example a.txt. If it does not get picked up you know that either your fileadapter is inactive or your path is incorrect. Did you checked the user rights for the file? for example if they are 640 it could be that the file adapter has no rights to delete them and hence does not transport them.

Also clarify your path, sometimes the IS is already mounted on a different level than root and hence your entered path will be wrong.

Hope that helps

Cornelius

Former Member
0 Kudos

Valter,

Do you get any error msg in communication channel monitoring?

RWB>Component Monitoring>Adapter Engine-->Communication Channel Monitoring.

Check if your communication channel has some errors?

Regards,

Jai Shankar

valter_oliveira
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jai,

Thanks for your contribution. In fact i found that there was an error in the sender communication channel using this monitor.

Thanks.

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

prasanthi_chavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi valter,

Check the Adapter specific message properties : Enable File Name & File Type

For more info Check this blog:<a href="/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2006/04/03/xi-in-the-role-of-a-ftp in the role of a FTP</a>

Hope it will be helpful.

Cheers,

Prasanthi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Look out,the file name is case sensitive.

I had this problem, other time.

sds

Marco Zerbini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Valter,

did you made sure that the filename specification in the sender cc is correct?

If yes, what does the log say? You can see if the sender cc tried to pick up a file or not in the adapter monitoring.

Cheers

Cornelius

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

goto runtime workbench and have a look if the adapter/communication channel is not red.

Also check authenfitication/authorization parameters in your communication channel. Maybe you got no <b>write-rights</b> on the folder/file.

Regards Mario

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

check your sender file adapter channel - did you set correct pool interval

did you set correct path ?

did you set the mode to delete? (was the file deleted?)

Regards,

michal