Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Abrupt Deployment

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

The problem which i am facing is like this:

There is no demand element at the distribution centre for particular product but still the deployment is happening for the same. We have maintained the Safety stock in Number of days supply term but as there is no forecast or demand element, this will be zero as per my understanding. so why the deployment is happening through system????

Ashok

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member187488
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Even without demand, deployment will also deploy the ATD of source location to target locations according to push rule. Please check the push rule setting in your material master, SNP2 tab, and also the F1 help for the fields. Please also check below online help for the definition of deployment rules. http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm70/helpdata/en/58/6a7b372d696966e10000009b38f889/content.htm

Generally, when demand > ATD, fair share rule applies, when demand < ATD, push rule applies.

Best Regards,

Ada

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

rajkj
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ashok,

Safety stock is also a demand element and considered by the target stock calculation. If your stock on hand falls below the target stock, then planning engine generates a receipt.

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Rajesh,

thanks for reply. Though the safety stock is a demand element, we have maintained it in SZ category i.e. Safety days of supply. So as it is non forecasted item so there is no demand element in the system. Which leads zero target stock level.   

rajkj
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Good point. Have you verified the ATD receipts and issues category groups assigned to your source and destination locations? Then, distribution rules at source. Probably, your source might be pushing the supply to your DC.