cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The ASSERT condition was violated error in web dynpro abap

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

i am unable to understand this error  "The ASSERT condition was violated" .

I have designed a context node using the se11 table and in the view i have taken one transparent container

and used create container form option then i have added addtional UI elements in that container.

thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

chengalarayulu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

for container form, node cardinality should be 1..1, check.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vishal,

Before adding new elements to form  first u have to delete the Dictionary structure of node means table name used to create form....After that u have to add the new elements to form.....Due to this reason it may come this error...

Generally this error comes due to the cardinality mismatches. Check when ur passing data to a node or accessing selection property then may be ur violating the cardinality.

Its always better to check in ST22 to get the idea of the actual error behind the assert condition violated error.

Regards,

Venkat

former_member222068
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vishal,

Check the cardinality should be 1-1. There might be mis match of cardinality. Go To ST22 transaction. In the short dump look at the call stack and the lines of code that threw the assert and provide the details back here.  This will tell us more about what caused the error.  ASSERT Condition by itself is like saying "I got an error, what should I do"  You need to know what the error message was at least.

Thanks & Regards,

Sankar Gelivi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi sankar ,

for the node i am taking the cardinality as 1:1 . and selection  as 0:1

providing the details from st22 if any more details required i can provide.

Short text

The ASSERT condition was violated.

What happened?

In the running application program, the ASSERT statement recognized a

situation that should not have occurred.

The runtime error was triggered for one of these reasons:

- For the checkpoint group specified with the ASSERT statement, the

activation mode is set to "abort".

- Via a system variant, the activation mode is globally set to "abort"

for checkpoint groups in this system.

- The activation mode is set to "abort" on program level.

- The ASSERT statement is not assigned to any checkpoint group.

Information on where terminated

Termination occurred in the ABAP program "CL_WDR_VIEW_ELEMENT_ADAPTER===CP" -

in "GET_LAST_MULTIPLE_NODE".

The main program was "SAPMHTTP ".

In the source code you have the termination point in line 143

of the (Include) program "CL_WDR_VIEW_ELEMENT_ADAPTER===CM00E".