cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP certification/training Tucson, AZ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would first like to know if there are any training courses offerred in Tucson AZ, USA area?  Also would like to know if there is a certification for just the warehouse enviornment (ewm)?

I once worked for sony electronics in Carson, California when Sony implemented SAP EWM for the warehouse distribution center where i was placed on the master data team prior to being laidoff.  Anyways, I would like to further my knowledge and experience in the SAP EWM world and would please appreciate some direction.

Thank you,

Moheni Toilolo

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Moheni,

If you're looking for authorized training, you'll have to go through SAP in the United States. There are no Authorized Training Partners in the US. You might find some companies who offer SAP training, but if so they are either a) using their own, completely original training materials and will not be able to give you access to a live system on which to practice or else b) they are using either pirated SAP training materials, a pirated system on which you will practice or both.

For SAP provided training, your first stop is to check the official training website, http://www.sap.com/training-and-education/index.epx. Once there, click the "Find Training Centers" link and you'll get a list of all the training centers in the US. (Nothing in Tuscon, but there is a training center in Phoenix. That, however, won't matter much if the specific training you want is not offered in that center. As a rule of thumb, you should expect to travel if you want to get all of the training for a specific specialty. The other option, however, is to use one of SAP's online training offerings, which gives you either take-at-your-own-pace training or virtual classroom sessions at specific dates/ times plus access to a system on which to do exercises. This is especially good for those without a travel budget.  Under some plans you also have access to phone support for the class for up to 5 months, not bad.

To find a specific training class, go back to the main website (http://www.sap.com/training-and-education/index.epx) and type EWM in the search box(since that's what you're interested in), then search. Several classes will come up for EWM. Click on the top one. In my case that was SAP Extended Warehouse Management Processes EWM100.

Once you get the specific class page you'll see four tabs: Course Details, Schedule, Related Courses & Certifications, Related Curricula. I recommend that you explore all of them, but if you click the Related Curricula tab, you'll see Extended Warehouse Management.

By clicking on that link, you'll get a visual representation of all the classes required to get your EWM certification plus links to the certifications themselves which will give you information on the specific breakdown of the questions on the exam and such.

In the US, you do not officially have to take classes to get certified, however. If you find a good book on EWM (and your previous EWM experience was pretty good) you can just sign up for the exam through Pearson-Vue and give it a try. (At $500 per try and being limited to, I think, two tries per exam, you'd better be pretty certain that you know the material very well, though.)

There's more information available at SAP Career Blog Links under the Blogs for folks interested in Certification or just in learning SAP functionality section.

I hope this helps!

Best regards,

--Tom