Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SNP Order Series KF backup for past 1 year

AA3
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

we have a report to generate for SNP order series key figures for the past 1 year, We have been trying to take backup by generating data source using aggreagte 9AMALO (material,location) and a infocube generated based on our SNP planning area.

issue is we are unable to get any records (0 records on extractor checker and infopackage to PSA) by the genearted Datasource.

We also tried the BAPI  (BAPI_PBSRVAPS_GETDETAIL2) to read the order series keyfigures but we get only initial values as appearing in the planning book, we would like to get the key figures bucket by bucket for the past 1 year.

Can you please suggest why the order series KF are not being extracted in the data source and is there any other way we can be able to get this data.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rajkj
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The easiest way to extract required data for past 1 year is to have one more data view with past horizon as well i.e. data view with time bucket profiles for both future and past (t.code /sapapo/sdp8b).

Then, regenerate your data source (t.code /sapapo/sdp_extr) for required aggregate and test it in APO itself (t.code RSA3 - Extractor Checker S-API). If it works well, adjust the BI objects such as data source, info package, etc.

The following SAP notes might be useful to you.

https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/428147

https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/549184

Thanks,
Rajesh

AA3
Participant
0 Kudos

we have set a new data view and the horizon, past data appears now. but when we check the generated datasource in S-API it still shows zero records. Not sure if adjusting the planning book horizons impacts the data source behaviour. Is there anything else that needs to be done to view these order series key figures by the datasource.

rajkj
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Data view settings or configuration does not impact the data source. The planning area, key figure settings, and aggregates i.e. planning area management specific settings only impact the data source generation.

Have you checked your data view and verified existence of data? Consider verifying the aggregates and executing consistency checks (data source /sapapo/sdp_extr and planning area /sapapo/tscons). Probably, you may get some clue.

Test data source should work without any issue and show up the results so as to extract data in BI.

Thanks,

Rajesh

AA3
Participant
0 Kudos

is there a limitation in SAP SCM 7 to extract order series keyfigures using generated data sources from SNP planning areas?  because it is working fine for time series key figs for our DP planning area , data is getting extracted using data source.

we have data present in planning area as it appears in the old time buckets of the planning book after adjusting horizon.

rajkj
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There is no limitation as such. I tried to test the existing data source in my system and got the results. Pl check the following screen shots for details. Probably, they might help you.. especially the highlighted fields in the second screen shot.

AA3
Participant
0 Kudos

I see that your data source has only a few fields for selection criteria, but data source based on 9AMALO aggregate has lot of selection fields.

Do i need to limit the selection fields and generate the datasource to see the records, do you think that can be a reason why i dont get any data even when data is visible in planning book for past 1 year.

please let me know if there are any config settings that need to be done to generate data for SNP planning areas?

Also can you please  let me know how to transport this type of data source to QA system, as it looks different from BW datasources. Any specific order that needs to be maintained, like sending data source first and then replicating in QA system.

rajkj
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The selection fields are based on the characteristics and definitely not on key figures. So, typically for 9AMALO, you can have only product number and location number along with default planning version number and date characteristic. It looks like there is a gap and consider posting your data source screenshot for better understanding.

No configuration is required to generate the data source. You just use t.code /SAPAPO/SDP_EXTR to generate the data source. This can further be adjusted by using 'Change data source' button to hide not required fields or limit your selection fields.

On the same screen, you have 'Transport Data source' button that allows you to move your data source to QA system. The transaction takes care of order of precedence and other dependencies. Only prerequisite is to have the same planning area in the QA system.

Probably, you can start with new data source generation. The typical procedure is showed in the following screenshot. Follow the numbered actions and ensure that you get results as expected before transporting the data source to QA system.

AA3
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

we cannot upload data per policy @ our office

I adjusted the data source selection fields, even then I dont get any data to be shown. I checked again in the planning book , thers lot of SNP order key figs with data.

Answers (0)