cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create Business Layer(IDT) by using Bex Query..?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I wanna know how to create a Business Layer by using Bex Query.

I Had followed some process to create Business Layer by using Bex Query but i'm unable to create the business layer.

I had followed the following process for creating the business layer by using Bex Query,

I had created a OLAP Connection by selecting SAP NetWeaver BI 7.x-- SAP BICS Client as a Middleware Driver Selectin-- and then entered all the necessary

credentials for "Parameters for SAP NetWeaver BI 7.x" and then selected the Query and cube thus OLAP connection has been created.

By using the OLAP connection i had tried to create the business layer, i had selected the OLAP Data source entered all the credentials and then selected OLAP Connection that had created previously then the error comes, the error as follows

"An error occurred while selecting the connection."

The connection is not supported.

Thanks & Regards

-------------------------------

Karthik. Morishetty

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184594
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you are using BICS connection you cannot create a business layer on top of Bex. Actually, you cannot create Bex OLAP universe in Information Design Tool period.

You don't need a universe for BICS connections. WebI connects to Bex queries and InfoProviders through BICS without needing a universe. In WebI, you will see Bex option.

If you want to create an OLAP universe, then you have use the old method with Universe Design Tool with BAPI connection.

Answers (0)