cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solution Manager managed system configuration and Diagnostics Agents

0 Kudos

I’ve just completed the installation of Solution Manager 7.1 on Linux/Oracle, I’m currently trying to complete the System Preparation and Basic Configuration portions of SOLMAN_SETUP and I’m running into a few issues with the diagnostics agents and JVM versions on Solution Manger and my managed systems. First of all I have not been able to get a full understanding of the diagnostics agent strategy needed for my environment. I have read sap note 1365123 and the Agent_installation_Strategy.ppt which only confused me even more. Here is a snap shot of my landscape.

Managing system: Solution Manager 7.1 SPS04, Linux , Oracle, JDK ver. 1.4.2

During the installation of SM 7.1 I chose to use the vender JDK over SAP’s JVM. – After the fact bad choice! So do I run the JVM switch tool to update to JVM 4 on my Solution Manager system then update the diagnostics agent to 7.30 SP02? But diagnostics agent 7.30 requires JVM 6 so how do I upgrade to JVM 6?

Managed systems: SAP ERP ECC 6.0 (Web AS ABAP 7.00) with Java (Web AS Java 7.00) central instance on Sun Solaris, Oracle Sun JDK 1.4.2 and two app servers on Linux with the ibm JDK 1.4.2

Today I successfully ran the SAP JVM Switch Tool to switch it for Sun JDK 1.4.2 to SAP JVM 4. Which diagnostics agent gets install here? I believe its 7.30 SP02 but it requires JVM 6 which I’m not sure how to upgrade to JVM 6.

Can someone help?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

have you tried manual update of JVM4 to JVM 6?

please update

Thanks,

Jansi

0 Kudos

That's my question, how do you do that?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you can do this by JSPM. just search in smp by the patches as "SAP JVM 6.1"

download it, and import using JSPM.

try out this http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwpi71/helpdata/en/06/2dc545743a4f98950eec3f33ee4027/content.htm

BUT Again, if you go for Diagnostics agentt 7.30. it install the needed JVM automatically for you

Please check

THnaks

Jansi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Even if you select a vendor JDK during the Solution Manager 7.1 Installation, the diagnostics agent will be installed with SAP JVM itself. Reason being SAPJVM is included within the diagnostics agent installation package. Hence SAPJVM explicit installation is not required.

Perform below check on your Solution Manager server level.

- Navigate to /usr/sap/DAA/SMDxx/exe

- Within this you will find a sapjvm_6 folder which is the required JVM.

In our production Solution Manager we used vendor JDK during installation but for the  Diagnostics agent SAPJVM was installed automatically as its part of the media itself. So no activities required on your SolMan host.

For the managed system, download the latest Diagnostics Agent installation package available in the SMP: http://service.sap.com/swdc ->

SAP SOLUTION MANAGER 7.1 -> Entry by Component -> Agents for managed systems

Regards,

Srikishan

0 Kudos

Filesystem /usr/sap/DAA/SMDA97 has the following dir's exe  script  SMDAgent  work. But under exe I dont have a sapjmv_6 folder. Also do you plan to switch from the vendor JDK 1.4.2 to JVM 4 on your production SOLMAN system