cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Excell Upload to provide responses to RFX Questions

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

From all SAP Sourcing references and help, there is no mention about the capability to upload the response to RFP Questions using excel upload.

However according to the blog http://scn.sap.com/people/mahesh.jeswani/blog/2011/12/04/driving-rfx-process-using-microsoft-excel-i..., by Mahesh Jeswani, it says that we could upload the responses to RFO questions using excel. I have checked our systems and could not find the response column mentioned in the blog.

I am using SAP Sourcing 7.0 (on-premise) and want to check with any of you if you could export the questions in excell and check if the excel has the response column?

So in summary, the question is as followed:

- Do you find that your Sourcing systems can import response to RFX Questions?

- If you could do this, what version of SAP Sourcing?

- Is there any setup needed to enable this?

I appreciate for any clarification,

Thank you,

Trygve Hasjim

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Trygve,

I am using SAP Sourcing 7.0 (OnPremise) and when logged in as a supplier I can export RFx questions into excel and it gives me the response column to fill in. When exporting questions logged in as a buyer there is no response column.

As far as I am aware no configuration was required to activate this functionality.

Regards

Dan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Daniel,

Thank you so much for your reply.   When I login as supplier, I don't see the button/ menu path to export the RFX questions in excel.  I see that we can export the RFX line items to excel. In the menu path when inside RFX response, I only see we can export the RFX to pdf (under "Action"). Under "Report", I don't see the path to export RFX questions to excel. In the "Questions Tab", I also don't see a button to export/ import the RFX questions to excel.

Can you please let me know the step to export RFX questions as a supplier?

I really appreciate for your assistance,

Thanks again,

Trygve

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Trygve,

As a supplier there should be an Export and Import button on the questions tab. Here is an example:

Regards

Dan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Check if your RFX type from which you have created has CSV import and related export import options checked .

Regards,

Uday

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Daniel and Uday,

Thank you for your response. I figured out that the RFX type should be setup with 'unchecking' the CSV Import.  The setup below will cause the buttons to export/ improt questions dissapear. I think the way the systems need to be configured is counter intuitive i.e. unchecking the check box means ' want to use CSV Import'...Do you find the same in your systems?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Trygve,

Yes I find the same in my system. I have always found it best to leave the CSV Import Support box unchecked as this provides the users with a much more user friendly line item export file.

Regards

Dan