Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TCODE descriptions missing in easy access menu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SAP Experts,

A specific role in our DEVELOPMENT ECC environment was missing

Transaction Code descriptions in the Easy Access Menu; after removing the

affected TCODES (MEKP & MEK2) and re-adding it back to the role, the

TCODE descriptions re-appeared in the easy access menu. This fixed role

was tested in a different client and it worked as well; the tcode menu

descriptions were visible in the easy access menu. After transporting the

same role to the QUALITY ECC environment the TCODE descriptions were

still not visible; we are not too sure what more to do get the TCODE

descriptions visible. There seems to be something we're missing or

something fundamentally wrong that we're doing.

Would greatly appreciate your advice / help on how this can possibly be fixed!

Thanks a lot in advance!

Best regards,

Sandeep

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep,

This might be a temporary problem. First of all you need to cross check whether the transaction code description is updated properly in the role.

We can use lot of ways to find the same. Firstly goto the table TSTCT and check it out whether the transaction code have description in it and also we can check the same with the help of SUIM under the executable transaction codes for the Roles.

If it provide the same problem there, then we need to analysis the same into deeply otherwise it might be a temporary problem.

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep,

This might be a temporary problem. First of all you need to cross check whether the transaction code description is updated properly in the role.

We can use lot of ways to find the same. Firstly goto the table TSTCT and check it out whether the transaction code have description in it and also we can check the same with the help of SUIM under the executable transaction codes for the Roles.

If it provide the same problem there, then we need to analysis the same into deeply otherwise it might be a temporary problem.

0 Kudos

Hi Silambharasan,

Thank you for the quick response! I checked both the TSTCT table and the SUIM report in both DEV and Quality and its the same in both; descriptions exist for both affected TCODES in both environments.

Really doesn't make much sense; any other ideas as to what could possibly be wrong?

Thanks and Best regards,
Sandeep

0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep,

Can you please tell me that the description doesn't resemble temporarily or it is in permanent manner.

So that i will get in tocuh with basis and analysis the same.

0 Kudos

Hi Silambharasan,

Thank you for your speedy reply! I am not too sure I understand you though; The descriptions are exactly the same in both environments in both the TSTCT table and the SUIM report. There are no minor differences between both environments; the descriptions for both affected TCODES are exactly the same. I hope I understood you correctly! Please let me know if this didn't answer your query or if you needed any additional info from my end.

Thanks and Best regards,
Sandeep

0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep,

Can you check this note Note 304252 - Missing or incorrect texts in the PFCG SAP menu

let me know if you have queries.