cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Selection of Quotation Doc. type from VOV8 for Processing QT

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When I need to select a quotation doc type to process QT, then how am i supposed to select that document?

For ex., I am now required to create a quotation doc. for a service sector. How do I determine if the doc. type is QT or AE or AS or UI or PS, as all are quotations and how do i match it to my requirement?

Thanks and regards,

Syamala

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Upto my knowledge for both the documents AE AR ond QT subsequent order is OR so make the changes as per your requirement in above mentioned quotation types .

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

How do I determine if the doc. type is QT or AE or AS

You can rename it with the relevant document type text, according to your requirement in VOV8.  In your case, it can be

• QT     for Quotation
  • AE     Service Sector1
  • AS     Service Sector2

Hope, this is what your requirement is.  If not, explain your requirement clearly.

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Syamala,

In general we always choose QT Doc type for quotation, but SAP has provided AE,AS,AR document types, even you can choose any QT for service quotation and make changes as per your requirement.

Thanks

VSA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thank you for ur reply. I would like to know the difference between Service Sector 1 and Service Sector 2. If I need to find out the help, where do I look into for the explanations?

Thanks and regards,

Syamala

Former Member
0 Kudos

T.code: OVV8 , select the document type individulally and check the changes inside the document so that you may know difference between different document types, AE and AR etc. in the doucment fields if you want individual inforamtion you can hit F1 on keeping the cursor on particular field.

Regards,

MH

Former Member
0 Kudos

The transaction code is wrongly typed, The T.code is VOV8

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Syamala,

as per my knowledge there is no much difference between AE AR & QT, service sector 1 & service sector 2 used for mainly to differentiate services. may be sector 1 for service for process industries & sector 2 for service for Electronics industries. By seeing the document type one can identify which sector it belongs to, also to draw report it will be useful.

Thanks

VSA