cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sending mail during return to vendor through qa32

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

basically i am pp consultant  also looking after quality module ocassionally.Now we have  a scenario to send mail to the vendor during quality inspection through the qa32 screen only. i have read that it can be done but cannot find a the way to do it .Please help me to configure this scenario. please reply as soon as possible.

Thanks & Regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ritesh,

It's feasible! I try to explain how this works.

1. When you create / edit UD codes in QS51 you will find an option as Follow up action
  2. The follow up action is initiated as soon as you select that UD code and save
  3. Follow up actions are defined as follows
    • QCC0  > Quality inspection > Inspection lot completion > Define follow up actions > Follow-Up Actions
    • You can create a new follow up action or can use existing standard one
    • Select the action there and double click in function module option
    • You will notice that each follow up action has a function module assigned to it
    • It is all this function module that governs e-mail sending activity
    • Develop your own function module (through ABAP) where you can specify the logic for which data needs to be fetched and in which form. (in pdf or excel)
    • You can use vendor's email id field that is defined in XK01/XK02

Have interaction with basis and ABAP consultants for more insights with this idea!

Regards,

Anand Rao

anup_patil3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ritesh,

Correct me if I understood your issue correctly...

You've receiving goods from vendor  whereas you find some defect into it and hence you want to return the goods but before it; want to inform Vendor about this rejection...

Is that your requirement?

Coz in that case, as a standard process, I would suggest you to go through below:

- During goods inspection if found any issue/problem, create a quality notification for an existing inspection lot (against which you're doing inspection).

- Record the issue/problems as defects in inspection lot. You can click on 'Recrod Defecto tab (Tcode-QF01).

- Generate a quality notification from defect creation screen (Tcode-QM01)

- In a quality notification type-Q2, you can assign a Action Box to send a email to vendor about this.

Action Box definition:

Goto SPRO --> QM --> Q Notifications --> Notification processing --> Additional notification functions --> Define action box.

You will find readily available action box defined in standard SAP system. Use the same & try.

Revert if any further issue.

Regards,

Anup