cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple Netweaver Product Version were found on system P02

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Currently our Netweaver system P02 is on EhP1 and all components are on 7.01 release with SP level 4.

I am currently trying to upgrade our Netweaver system from EhP1 to EhP2.

I have defined product version as SAP EHP1 FOR SAP NETWEAVER 7.0 in product systems tab in SMSY.

When i am creating a maintenance transactin in solution manager system, iam getting below errors.

1. Wrong Input data: Wrong Netweaver product version found SAP EHP1 FOR SAP NETWEAVER 7.0

2. Multiple Netweaver Product Version were found on system P02

If tried to change the product version of the system, it is showing the message "product version is inconsistent with software components".

I tried with different options but got no success with maintenance transaction.

I have compared the system configuration in SMSY with other Netweaver systems in the landscape which were already upgraded to EhP2 but there are no differences.

Please help me how can i resolve this error and move ahead with maintenance transaction to create a media for EhP2.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Regards.

Shaik

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member189725
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This may be a problem with SMSY not able to correctly map the product instances with the software components which is updated from the SLD using the LANDSCAPE FETCH job.

The Landscape verification tool (tcode LVSM) can help you correcting the product instance assignment.

The SAP upgrade guide has a reference to this tool. You can get more info from the link below.

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/e0411fa9-44a8-2d10-ef9d-92416f845...

Once you correct the assignment , update SMSY from LVSM.

Then run the MOPZ for downloading the stack and delta xml file.

Regards

Ratnajit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi There,

I know I am responding to a very old issue. Even I had the same problem and wasted atleast 2days to resolve it and finally I found a solution which might help people in future..

Go to SMSY -> Product Systems -> choose the product-> SID-> change.

LMDB Browser will open up with and you should be able to see the last option from the Navigation Tree "Verification Check" click on it and run Execute Verification check(Synchronous) and you will see the status of few objects in RED and you can maintain(Action tab) click on +Maintain and select the missing product instance ONLY for your version and close after adding required products and SAVE.

Incase you don't know which product instances must be selected for your product then go through this link for more detailed info: http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/SMSETUP/Maintenance+of+Product+in+the+System+Landscape

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Isn't this a pain.. I never bother to do all manual config. Do the simple thing and it should more or less work:

1. Add this system either to SOLMAN SLD or to ther SLD of which SOLMAN is a part of .

2. Then in SOLMAN execute transaction SMSY_SETUP. Select SLD radio button for Automatic Data transfer. Then "F8" ..Select YES for schedule data transfer.

it will schedule a job in background.  Once the job is finished try once again.

*A good option would be to delete this system completely from SMSY before starting with this approach.

Regards.

Ruchit