cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incoterms in Customer Master

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All

We maintain in the customer master (sales area data -> invoice), the Incoterms. There are two different types of Incoterms. Firstly, those where is not the location information needed(for example: FH etc) and others where is needed (ex: DDP, etc).

If we maintain an Incoterm where the locations are required, then our users write only a point in the blank field to be able to save it. I believe this is not correct.

FYI: We maintain the Incoterms in the item master, cause a customer can have multiple items.

Can you help me?

What do you write into this field, especially if you choose the Incoterm DDP?

Where are Incoterms from the customer master needed in principle?

Thank you in advance

Best Regards

Richard Balek

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

For all incoterms you need to define a place and there's no exception...as per my best knowledge...

Your FH [frei house?] corresponds to CPT as per my google-search:

http://www.linkedin.com/answers/business-operations/supply-chain-management/OPS_SCH/936164-9530909

(But there's no official FH incoterm...)

The value in customer master is just a default value which is copied into transactional data. Whether you use it or not , how you use it, how you validate trhe fields in SO (incomletness, exit, etc,) depends on the business requirement.

In material master you cannot maintain it - you can maintain it in the sales order for each item (table VBKD) if needed (if header level cannot be used). If you have contract, you should maintain it there.