Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Image missing in live system

michael_fallenbchel
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I have a Web dynpro ABAP application. Here I show some images, dynamically selected from a Web service. I only pass the link to the image as source, that's all. Since a few days ony of those images isn't working anymore.

When I check with the same data in our dev system, image is there. But not in the live system. I just debugged the application, the link is filled correctly, so the source is correct.

I show my image in this way:

TransparentContainer -> Group -> Image.

The only dynamic part for the image is the source, the rest (like enabled, visible) are fixed values. I have compared with the other images, everything's the same.

But in the browser it looks like the image is not visible. I also have a extra download-button for the image - this is working, so the link is defintly correct 😉

Any ideas what can cause the problem?

Thanks

Michael

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

michael_fallenbchel
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I got the solution!!!

After a session with SAP, lot of searching it was - to be honest - very easy to fix 😉

User can right click on an image and select "User Settings" -> "Hide screen". This will be saved user specific.

With the Web Dynpro "wd_analyze_config_user" you can check these specific settings and also delete them. And that's the solution!

Regards and thank you all for your help

Michael

former_member186491
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

Great news.

I learned a new thing. Thanks for sharing that information.

Thanks.

Kumar Saurav.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member186491
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

I would suggest you to please check this thread of the similar nature -

http://scn.sap.com/thread/1399132

Please check suggestion on time-out - given by Thomas Jung.

Hope this would resolve your issue.

Thanks.

Kumar Saurav.

michael_fallenbchel
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Morning Kumar,

first thanks for your reply. But in this thread the user has problems with displaying an image from a XSTRING.

I just have a link, so my source is the link to the image. Its working for 2 years now - until last week something is going wrong. The coding is the same since a year...so something else must cause the problem?!

former_member186491
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

The only dynamic part for the image is the source, the rest (like enabled, visible) are fixed values. I have compared with the other images, everything's the same.

But in the browser it looks like the image is not visible. I also have a extra download-button for the image - this is working, so the link is defintly correct 😉

As because your Image Source happens to be Dynamic, you must have been passing a Path to display the dynamic images, right.

That's why I suggested to see that previous thread. I agree, it's not same as of yours problem.

Further, as you said that the same code was running properly till last week so, I would suggest to check the Path in particular. That means, Dynamic Path URL - that is being generated - is pointing to that Image or not.

Please update if it is of any help or by the time can you check if any changes in File-Path have been made.

Thanks.

Kumar Saurav.

michael_fallenbchel
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

as mentioned in my first post - the same is working in the dev system.

I checked the link noe once again (debugg the source) and entered the link directly in the browser (it's a link to a html-picture).

I transported again the complete package from dev, to qualitiy and then into live system. Still no image.

I also have a thumbnail gallery above this image. When clicking there, the picture will be shown in the image container (by changing the source). This is also not working for this one, the others  run perfectly.

It looks like the image container is not visible - but why? It's a fixed value, it's working in 2 systems, but not in live.

Really really strange 😞

former_member186491
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

I checked the link noe once again (debugg the source) and entered the link directly in the browser (it's a link to a html-picture).

My question is - can you please paste the Link here?

Actually, my doubt about the link - you are using is - does it look like this -

/sap/public/E09C6C9A9BEF8148A8D4AA008CA61896.html

whereas, it should look like -

/sap/public/431C72C4F231614C8F91B0462FD2BA1C.jpg

Just compare in your Live system, what is the Link being used dynamically there.

Thanks.

Kumar Saurav.

michael_fallenbchel
Active Participant
0 Kudos

All linkSorry, not tot the correct information.

The source is a link to a web service! nothing with *.jpg or *.html.

Link for my 3 pictures:

Working

http://xxx.com/NmcWcf/GetPreviewM?DocID=7ff73ea7-a1f7-4969-a01b-25e53250f2ad&U=XXX&P=password

http://xxx.com/NmcWcf/GetPreviewM?DocID=62b367e2-5709-4e55-9c04-df246f71aab9&U=XXX&P=password

Not working

http://xxx.com/NmcWcf/GetPreviewM?DocID=bf8ee49c-bb23-4d61-8682-227d928fd8e2&U=XXX&P=password

If I paste the links in browser, I get a download popup with a JPG file, for all 3 links.

The links are the same in the different systems... I don't know what can be wrong 😞

michael_fallenbchel
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Update:

I now checked the HTML code for the page - the IMG attribute is missing!

Looks like this:

table - tbody - tr - td - div - span - and then comes the IMG part for the working images, but for the missing there is nothing?! Why this should be different in the live system than in the dev system?

former_member186491
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You are checking the HTML code generated by the Page rendered by WDA. Here, you have seen that there is no Image in WDA; thats why this is so. Whereas, in other two servers, WDA contains Images and hence even HTML has IMG attribute in the code.

Now, coming back to rectifying the original issue, please check the Web Services. Perhaps, recently Servers might have been restarted.

Please update once resolved. I am also curious to know the reason.

Thanks.

Kumar Saurav.

michael_fallenbchel
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Morning,

you are right - I've checked the generated HTML code. And sure, now we know the problem, as with a missing IMG attribute there can't be an image in the page.

I now deactivated the service in SICF and then activated again. Nothing has happened. We have 3 SAP-server for the live system, it's not working on all of them.

So now I have checked the following:

1. Coding - all 3 systems are completly the same as I transport the whole package again (Dev - QA - Live)

2. Service (SICF)

3. Links to the pics

4. The external database

5. Re-activate the Web Dynpro in SE80

To be honest - there can't be any mistake in the coding or somewhere else?! What can cause the problem that always the picture in the middle is not shown? There isn't any parameter in SAP, that says "no_middle_pic_allowed" 😉

My Web Dynpro is to show some information about material master and also to show the corresponding pictures from my external database. And for ALL materials, the picture in the middle is missing!  And for the same material, everything is working in the Qualitiy system (which is only a copy of the live). The same pictures, with the same links, from the same external database...

Or is there any idea what else can be wrong?

Regards

Michael