cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shipping points are different in BOM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear sd gurus

i created One Bill of Material for sales orders here main items and sub items are assigned separate shipping points bz im MMR loading groups Are different  .i want the sub item same shipping point as the main item bz in case if main order is orderd sub items will be given separately

so finally what i do  bz i want the sub items will be delivered along with main items ( in this situation sub items are separate shipping points are different  )

shall i go for user exist or any stranded setting is there?

Thank you so much

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please do the below:

E.g. Main item = Laptop-101

Sub item = Keyboard

1. In OVL2, for Shipping condition, Loading group (from MMR of Keyboard), Deliverying plant --> give MShPt (manual shipping point) = same as Shipping point of Main item (Laptop-101).

2. In VA01, in your sales order, go to line item level of Sub item (Keyboard), Tab Shipping, manually change the Shipping point to that of the shipping point of Main item (Laptop-101).

3. Now in VL01N, you can create 1 delivery.

As both line items in the sales order (Main and Sub items) have the same shipping points.

Test the above, if there are any concerns please convey them.

Note: Trying to make 1 delivery for items having different shipping points is CHANGING THE "FOUNDATION" OF SAP delivery process.

Before simply wanting to write code in some userexit; think

- if it is really necessary,

- about business logic,

- the impact of your enhancement with regards to reporting etc.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear T.W sir

Thank you for your posting but still i have confusion on your post bz  you are telling while u create sales order in shipping tab ,  you are asking to maintain shipping point as same as main item

bz i am confusion here

and i am requesting could you explain more . bz i will also try but i am some ware now 

pl thanks a lot

Former Member
0 Kudos

Really your thread is very interesting to learn so  pl explain us 

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Refer following SDN thread (Feb 20, 2008).

http://scn.sap.com/message/4907218

I wish you have tried replicating the scenario on the SAP before putting up the question.

Please make habit of searching SCN before posting.

And please ask good question and put some thought before doing so.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for advise of you

i have searched in the forum before also but i feel any stander method is there or not thats way i posted here and i got some good answers from experts like you .so i don't know what's wrong with me

am i wrong to know answer for different scenarios. see T.W gave one best answer and u check my last question he have miracle answer .

that is the reason to ask some questions from different angles

whenever i think i cant do this process then only i am posting bz so many experts are available like you

Thanks a lot

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Venu,

The experts here have become expert only by trail & error method. I mean they have also tried things first in Development / IDES server & then learnt.

The point we all are tryinfg to make is that you are just posting question. What you should do is try this scenario first in SAP & then post the specific issues.

If you start learning this way, you will never forget thing that you have learnt on your own.

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

i want the sub item same shipping point as the main item

Information like Shipping point, Route etc. are populated "automatically" in the sales order, in other words user doesnot have to fill in values for these fields. This reduces manual entry work.

But the user can change the value of the which are automatically / by default populated.

For the sub item user has to change the default value of shipping point, thereby the shipping point of the subitem shall be equal to the shipping point of the mainitem.

To see the options of shipping point:

In VA02, go to line item level, in Tab Shipping, in field Shipping point Press F4.

To maintain values of shipping point:

Go to OVL2

Note: Please think why different shipping points can be given in a sales order. But why different shipping points can not be given in delivery.

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

J Prakash,

1. The link you have suggested for reference has a different issue than asked in this thread.

- In the link, the question pertains to the sequence of shipping points. Here the requirement is to have identical shipping points for the main and sub item in BOM

.i want the sub item same shipping point as the main item

2. In the link, below is mentioned.

You will able to identify a BOM material from its item category as BOM or ZBOM.

From my understanding this is incorrect.

Please comment.

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear All,

In the course of this thread, we have come across "improvement" suggestion from members e.g.

And please ask good question and put some thought before doing so

Honestly speaking, for me, this thread has been the source of good learning.

This issue has motivated me

- to re-visit the theory (BOM) and

- to test some scenarios in SAP test system

Informative posts by Ravi has added to my learning process.

Taking all this into consideration, i would conclude that this is a "good question"!

....maybe there is more learning to be had from this thread ....lets see.

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hmm...Indeed a nice thread.

In my opinion.

This is illogical question... And no way near to a real-time scenario.

WHY???

Then anyone answer my following questions:-

1. What is shipping point?
  2. How essential or significant is transportation?

3. How you place that in Enterprise Structure?
  4. Can you have 2 different Shipping point for one plant? If yes, how?

@ TW:

Can provide me name for shipping point for following scenario?

Shipping ConditionsLoading GroupPlantShipping Point
NumberDescNumberDescNumberDescNumberDesc
01As soon as possible0002Forklift1000HAMBURG1000Can you name them?
01As soon as possible0003Manual1000HAMBURG1010Can you name them?
02Standard0002Forklift1000HAMBURG1000Can you name them?
02Standard0003Manual1000HAMBURG1010Can you name them?

Also, can you share & enlighten us, how shipping point is handled at your project

Enterprise Structure?

Further, the link I have shared, provides you a insight on "Delivery Splitt because of different shipping points".

Forget, whether its a BOM material or not.

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

J Prakash,

Thank you for your post!

I donot understand why this is an illogical question in your opinion. I hope you would explain; your explanation would be more benefical than simply conveying your opinion.

Then anyone answer my following questions:-

1. What is shipping point?

The organizational unit in SAP SD to organize and process outbound deliveries.

2.   How essential or significant is transportation?

For a sales process which involves delivering of goods, transportation plays a significant role.

3. How you place that in Enterprise Structure?

4. Can you have 2 different Shipping point for one plant? If yes, how?

Yes.

It depends upon the company and its business processes.

Examples of 2 different shipping points for one plant:

E.g.1

For normal deliveries (done by train) - Shipping point 1

For express deliveries (done by air) - Shipping point 2

E.g.2

For outbound deliveries to customers - Shipping point A

For return deliveries (from customer back to company warehouse) - Shipping point B

01As soon as possible0002Forklift1000HAMBURG1000Can you name them? BY TRAIN
01As soon as possible0003Manual1000HAMBURG1010Can you name them? 1000 BY TRAIN
02Standard0002Forklift1000HAMBURG1000Can you name them? 1010 BY TRUCK
02Standard0003Manual1000HAMBURG1010Can you name them? BY TRUCK

Reasoning: If sales order line item needs to be delivered ASAP then it would be BY TRAIN (VSTEL 1000).

If sales order lin item needs to be delivered Standard then it would be BY TRUCK (VSTEL 1010)

In some of the projects where I have worked -

- Shipping points have been determined by the loading group. As special facilities like loading belt were needed both for loading and for transportation i.e. roller belts in trucks.

- Shipping points have been determined by different processes (e.g. normal, cash sale and return processes). The Shipping conditions from the Sales document type determined the shipping points.

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Wow, you still feel, Venu scenario is relevant question.

Let me make out.

This what you communicate to us in your previous response:

01As soon as possible0002Forklift1000HAMBURG1000 BY TRAIN
01As soon as possible0003Manual1000HAMBURG 1000BY TRAIN
02Standard0002Forklift1000HAMBURG1010BY TRUCK
02Standard0003Manual1000HAMBURG1010BY TRUCK

Now, you decide with your example, whether Venu question makes any sense.

What he is saying, b'coz of loading group, the shipping point is different.

So, check this out.

Shipping ConditionsLoading GroupPlantShipping Material
NumberDescNumberDescNumberDescPointDesc
01As soon as possible0002Forklift1000HAMBURG1000 - By Train Laptop
01As soon as possible0003Manual1000HAMBURG 1010 - By AirKeyboard

Or let me put Venu's scenario as per your perception from previous response:

Shipping ConditionsLoading GroupPlantShipping Material
NumberDescNumberDescNumberDescPointDesc
01As soon as possible0002Forklift1000HAMBURG1000 - By Train Laptop
02Standard0003Manual1000HAMBURG 1010 - By AirKeyboard

So, you would agree, the above scenario is not possible. Where, for any one sales order. You have more than one shipping condition.

Now, you decide logical or illogical?

Further, let me ask you few more questions(Apologies for questions. But, can't help it, that is my way of resolving a query with help of expert & change my perception or improve my learning).

- What is Shipping Condition?

- Whether there is any difference between Shipping Type & Shipping Point?

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Venu,

I encourage you to participate in this "exchange" with J Prakash.

This exchange consists of understanding concepts (e.g. what is shipping point? etc.) by taking business examples. This is one of the best ways of learning.

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

J Prakash,

Please show where exactly has the thread owner mentioned TWO different shipping conditions?

J Prakash wrote:

So, you would agree, the above scenario is not possible. Where, for any one sales order. You have more than one shipping condition.

Side note: It seems you are using "relevant" and logical interchangable. Is my observation correct?

bsivasankarreddy_reddy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi TW

venu asking this

i want the sub item same shipping point as the main item bz in case if main order is orderd sub items will be given separately

so finally what i do  bz i want the sub items will be delivered along with main items ( in this situation sub items are separate shipping points are different)

this means two shipping points , one delivery. 

i am also told two shipping point one delivery  its not possible,  in BOM material should delivered one delivery ,

i am asking one question two shipping point , one delivery it is possible . it is possible please ex plane how   

regards

bojja

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bojja,

i am asking one question two shipping point , one delivery it is possible . it is possible please ex plane how  

It is not possible.

J Prakash talks about two shipping conditions, in original post.
(condition not point)

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

two shipping point , 
one delivery

No possible. Even with enhancment you can't achieve this.

Shipping Points is higgest organisational unit in Transporation.

It is similar to Sales Area is higgest organisational unit in Sales.

As you can't have more than one sales area in one sales order, similarly, you can't have more than on shipping points in on delivery.

Further, delivery is the starting point of transporation.

@ TW, Bojja, Venu:

Now, forget whether this is a BOM scenario or not, B'coz shipping point determination & subsequent delivery creation, there will not be any much difference.

Can you provide your respective undestanding on Shipping Point determination in OVL2 in relevance to Venu question?

Use following table to explain.

Shipping Conditions - CodeShipping Conditions - Desc.Loading Group- CodeLoading Group -  Desc.Plant - CodePlant - DescShipping Point - CodeShipping Point - Desc.
01As soon as possible0002Forklift1000HAMBURG1000

@ TW & Venu:

I didn't recieve you inputs/explanation/understanding on my following question:

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

TW

He has not mention anywhere shipping condition.

And you would agree shipping condition is intergal part of shipping point determination.

So, that is the reason, I would say, Venu query is illogical & question is not good.

If in that case, can Venu justify your claim on good logical question, kindly ask him to share screenshot of pertaining to his scenario.

1. BOM (CS03)

2. Sales Order (VA03 with each item - shipping tab)

3. Shipping Point Determination (OVL2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear J.P Thanks for your inputs

Shipping conditions are used to define an specific handle of the goods or even to determine a route. Since Shipping Conditions are a must have for Routing they are important for the Shipping Department.

Shipping Type are the types or ways for handle Shipments (Rail,Truck, etc) So, in order to have a best practice for Shipments you will need to re-define your routes.

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Venu

Wow...Technology...

Nice art of copy and paste.

Well, you inputs are copies from Marco P?rez response

http://sap.ittoolbox.com/groups/technical-functional/sap-log-sd/whats-the-difference-between-shippin...

But I have very simple questions:

Now as you have copied the response.

Can you please provide words to your understanding on the topic and in addition to that can you elaborate the same with example?

Also, provide your inputs on:

He has not mention anywhere shipping condition.

And you would agree shipping condition is intergal part of shipping point determination.

So, that is the reason, I would say, Venu query is illogical & question is not good.

If in that case, can Venu justify your claim on good logical question, kindly ask him to share screenshot of pertaining to his scenario.

1. BOM (CS03)

2. Sales Order (VA03 with each item - shipping tab)

3. Shipping Point Determination (OVL2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear jp

SHIPPING POINT:Shipping point - This factory / plant manufacturers CANS, packs them in to pallets, with different packaging material - plastic packaging material (i.e. pallets, topframes) for customers in Europe & wooden packaging material for customers in Asia & USA. (This depends upon returnable and non returnable packaging material). Therefore this plant has 2 shipping points. One for European customers & the other for overseas customers (i.e. Asia & USA).

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Even you shipping point defination is copied.

Have look on the following link:

http://sap.ittoolbox.com/groups/technical-functional/sap-log-sd/difference-between-plantshipping-poi...

No doubt, you query is illogical.

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

J Prakash,

If the original issue is as below; then it is logical, straightforward and simple (easy to fix).

Venu wrote:
items are assigned separate shipping points bz im MMR loading groups

I donot understand why you are "dragging" the point of different shipping conditions for different line items. It is NOWHERE mentioned. It is not the issue.

And most important it is not relevant to "item level". As the issue is clearly stated "items are ......." i.e. issue is at item level and further clearly mentioned that the issue is

Venu wrote:
......MMR loading groups

Furthermore, you requesting the filling of Shipping points with various combinations of shipping conditions, loading groups and delivering plants is of very little importance is trying to drive home your point (of illogical question, in a "round about manner"). As we know, the creation and set up of shipping point is dictated by the business processes and the company.

If possible please explain in a succinct and "direct" manner why the below issue is illogical.

Venu wrote:

items are assigned separate shipping points bz im MMR loading groups

In my opinion, (and if by your request) we remove the BOM aspect from the thread; then this is a PERFECTLY logical and relevant question.

During my experience as an end user I have myself changed the shipping point of line items in a sales order, to create a single delivery.

Furthermore, as a consultant, I have configured the Shipping process and the shipping points, so that end users can change the shipping point at the sales order, item level.

Thank you in advance!

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Venu,

Please read the below points:

.i want the sub item same shipping point as the main item

As suggested by me (in my previous posts) user would have to manually change the shipping point of either Main or Sub item, so that both line items would have the same shipping points.

"In case of different shipping points in different line items, in a sales order. The delivery can NOT be saved.

Error message:

Shipping from shipping point 1200 and plant 1200 is not possible.

The shipping points of both the line items have to be made identical. Only then further processing is possible (i.e. creation of delivery, creation of billing document)"

2. Test the entire process

OR > Delivery (..., picking) > PGI > Billing document

2.i. Reduction of stock

Is the stock (of both main and sub item) reduced when PGI is done?

Check in MMBE, schedule line category  field "Movement type"

2.ii. Item (main or sub) featuring in the billing document

Does billing document have both Main and sub items or one?

What configuration is responsible for the above?

(check VOV7, item category TAQ and TAE)

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

main items and sub items are assigned separate shipping points bz im MMR loading groups

Could you please analyze (if needed, discuss with client / key users) why for a subitem the loading group is different?

E.g.

Main item = Laptop-101

Sub item = Keyboard, Screen etc.

If Laptop is loaded by a forklift truck, then keyboard and screen also could be done by a forklift truck. Keeping this logic in mind, why is loading group different?

(With identical loading groups, shipping point might also be identical)

former_member184555
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

E.g.

Main item = Laptop-101

Sub item = Keyboard, Screen etc.

To my knowledge, this is not a BOM material. The laptop 101, Keyboard and screen etc., will be the child items and you need to have a parent/main item as XXXXX. If your BOM is ERLA...the processing happens at main item level...i.e., delivering the material XXXXX and if the BOM is LUMF...the processing happens at sub item level. But, never the processing happens at both levels. To explain it better...if you have a Gift pack of Cadbury's chocolates which is a bundle of 5 different chocolates of 3 quanitity each...the BOM is the Gift Pack and the child are the 15 ea of 5 different chocolates. If one gift pack is ordered, either the Gift pack should be delivered as a bundle (ERLA) or the 5 sub items (LUMF BOM) but should not deliver both. 

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ravi,

Thank you for your post!

As reply to your post there are two points:

1. BOM or not-BOM:

A material that is made up of components can be considered as BOM.

To elaborate my BOM example, Laptop-101

When company creates a sales order for 1 Unit of this product / material (Laptop-101), the sales order features subitems like

1 Unit of Laptop,

1 Unit of Keyboard,

1 Unit of mouse,

1 Unit of powercable,

1  Unit of headphone

Thus this is a BOM example.

2. Shipping points for Main item and Sub item, in a sales order

Is it possible to have shipping points for Main item and for Sub item in a sales order. I am not 100% sure. I shall have to check this in SAP test system / IDES and get back to you.

My thinking that it might be possible (to have shipping points for both Main and Sub items) was based on the fact that

Shipping condition is available

Loading groups are avaialable because there are multiple MMRs (for Main and Sub items)

Delivering plants could be different

But, never the processing happens at both levels.

Could you please explain what you mean by processing?

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ravi,

I request for some input from you about "Loading group" for sub item.

If an MMR is created for a material (it can be sub item or no sub item) it can have a field Loading group. Thus there can be different Loading groups for Main item and Sub item.

E.g.

A mouse can be a sub item in a BOM. But it could also be sold separately.

Thank you!

former_member184555
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi T W,

As you said, all the items listed will be the children/sub items of a BOM Material - Laptop 101. But, in your previous post...you have mentioned Laptop 101 as main item which has sub items of key board, screen etc., but not a laptop.

In the example of Laptop 101....if you have this as a line item (if BOM explodes you can see the sub item, else not displayed)...you can deliver either Laptop 101 material (BOM material) that is a bundle of the listed items. If this BOM is ERLA...in delivery, you need not pick the sub items. If the BOM is a LUMF...you need not pick the main item (BOM) in delivery. You can try with a BOM material changing the Item Category Group in the material master record for the same BOM material. In both the scenarios of ERLA and LUMF BOMs, you can check the picking in delivery. You can also see, for which shipping point the delivery is getting created...though the Main item and sub items have a different shipping points. If the BOM is ERLA....the shipping point of main item will be considered for delivery and for LUMF material...the shipping point of sub items will be considered for delivery.

This is my understanding. I didn't work extensively on BOMs. But, we have a customized process related to BOM which is something different from the standard BOM functionality.

Thanks,

Ravi Sankar

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ravi,

Thank you for this very informative post!

I have done some tests with item category group ERLA; and respective item categories TAQ and TAE

1. BOM material (previous examples):

The example I have taken for testing is:

Main-item: 1EA of Laptop

Sub-item: 1EA of Keyboard

There is stock of both.

MMR created for both.

This is different from the previous example i.e. Laptop-101 with subitems Laptop, mouse etc.

2. Configuration of Delivery Item category, movement type in schedule line category (CT) & stock of sub item:

In standard configuration, this has to be "setup" correctly, if both main and sub items have stock.

Currently subitem configuration: CT does not have movement type, TAE is not relevant for picking and after PGI the sub item stock is not getting reduced.

3. Different shippings in Main and Sub items, & creation of delivery:

Different shipping points of Main and Sub item in sales order:

It is very much possible to have different shipping points of Main and Sub item.

As the issue in this thread; because of different Loading groups.

In case of different shipping points in different line items, in a sales order. The delivery can NOT be saved.

Error message:

Shipping from shipping point 1200 and plant 1200 is not possible.

The shipping points of both the line items have to be made identical. Only then further processing is possible (i.e. creation of delivery, creation of billing document)

former_member184555
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi T W,

The above example is Not a BOM material. Can you tell us the process of creating the above BOM material?

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Thank you for your post!

In my opinion you are incorrect!

This is an example of BOM because it was created in CS01: Create material BOM: Initial Screen

If the entire process (OR>Delivery>Billing) works flawlessly with standard SAP configuration is another question. Furthermore, "alterations" in setting of configuration elements (e.g. schedule line category, field movement type) might be needed to support the execution of this business process (e.g. maintaining inventory at both levels i.e. main and sub item level).

former_member184555
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi T W,

You might have created the BOM in correct process....but, my point is, for BOMs either you can delivery the Main item (the parent) or the sub items (the children) BUT not both. Here which material has the item category group ERLA/LUMF? Is it Latptop or Keyboard or something else?

In the above example, if your intention is to consider both Laptop and the Key board as part of BOM...then both items should be defined as sub items while creating the BOM. These two components should have the main BOM material as 'Laptop 101' (or some other material - ERLA/LUMF). If the material master record of this Laptop 101 has ERLA...then in sales order the item with Laptop 101 will be relevant for delivery. If the mateiral master of this Laptop 101 has LUMF...then in the sales order the item with Laptop 101 will not be relevant for delivery. Instead, the sub items of this BOM will be relevant for delivery.

Regards,

Ravi Sankar

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Venu,

As I mentioned before, the standard SAP settings (especially in schedule line cateogry for sub item, field movt. type = Blank; for ERLA) have to be "altered".

The reason being, the stock of subitem is not getting reduced after PGI.

The stock of Main item is getting reduced after PGI.

It might be a good learning to try the configuration for this business requirement and do the required test (of the entire process).

I shall also test this in SAP test system.

Ravi,

If business requirement is the above (Main item = 1 unit of Laptop, Sub item = 1 unit of keyboard) i.e. do not want to create another MMR (Laptop-101). Then we can not say that this is not BOM and not fulfill the customer requirement.

FYI

- The item category group for both Laptop and keyboard is taken as ERLA

- Delivery relevant for both items in configuration, the only problem is "reduction of stock of sub-item" because of lack of movt type (in sub item) in schedule line category.

former_member184555
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ravi,

If business requirement is the above (Main item = 1 unit of Laptop, Sub item = 1 unit of keyboard) i.e. do not want to create another MMR (Laptop-101). Then we can not say that this is not BOM and not fulfill the customer requirement.

FYI

- The item category group for both Laptop and keyboard is taken as ERLA

- Delivery relevant for both items in configuration, the only problem is "reduction of stock of sub-item" because of lack of movt type (in sub item) in schedule line category.

I agree....you cannot say NO to the business.....but, FOR SURE, you shouldn't map it as BOM process.

Many people call the BOM material as Bundle material...which sounds like grouping of different materials to a single material.

Regarding your example...if both the materials are created with ERLA....what item categories are determined in the sales order for the two materials?

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ravi,

Item categories are TAQ and TAE respectively.

Please check in VOV4

OR ERLA - , - > TAQ

OR ERLA - TAQ > TAE

but, FOR SURE, you shouldn't map it as BOM process. 

This is your opinion, if Venu requires more information, he would have to ask you (for clarification)

One scenario comes to mind:

If business requirement is irrespective of PGI the creation of billing document should be possible. If the SAP SD consultant says "then the OTC process should not be used"....would that be the right way forward?

Thank you for your posts!

former_member184555
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

T W wrote:

Ravi,

Item categories are TAQ and TAE respectively.

Please check in VOV4

OR ERLA - , - > TAQ

OR ERLA - TAQ > TAE

but, FOR SURE, you shouldn't map it as BOM process.

This is your opinion, if Venu requires more information, he would have to ask you (for clarification)

One scenario comes to mind:

If business requirement is irrespective of PGI the creation of billing document should be possible. If the SAP SD consultant says "then the OTC process should not be used"....would that be the right way forward?

Thank you for your posts!

Yes, it is my opinion only and as per my knowledge and it need not be correct.

Regarding the invoicing irrespective of PGI....it is possible in the standard SAP itself.

Realtime SD is a dynamic area and any kind of requirement cannot be ruled out. The point I have mentioned above is how the scenario should be mapped...should it be through BOM or someother way.

In your example...you are using two normal materials as Multilevel BOM and none of the two BOMs have sub items.

Regards,

Ravi Sankar

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ravi,

In your example...you are using two normal materials as Multilevel BOM and none of the two BOMs have sub items.

Why do you say that non of the materials donot have subitems?

Subitem is Keyboard.

(Mainitem is Laptop.)

Thank you in advance!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Venu,

Its easy to post question here and get the answer.

But if you had tryed it out by yourself you would have learnt many more things.

you will search for one thing but u will get many things on the way which u dont know.

only in the extreem case when you are exausted doing it.

then try google or post in scn...

Regards,

anurag soni

former_member184555
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

i want the sub items will be delivered along with main items

Is it a BOM? Are you trying to deliver both main item and sub items?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes it is bill of material but the shipping points are different ( main item is one shipping point,and sub items are one more shipping points )

i tried to but it is not working

former_member184555
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

So, you have both main item and sub items relevant for delivery....right?

bsivasankarreddy_reddy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

venu

BOM sales main item is one shipping point , sub item is another shipping point , but one delivery ,

it is not possible for one delivery, it is possible two deliveries ,

because shipping point determine at sale order , level , based on this system will take delivery shipping point , its standard behavior, it is not  working any user exit, ABAP coding , you should try with single shipping point , other wise it raise two deliveries ,

two loading groups define one shipping point .

so you maintain only one shipping point

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes both are relevant for delivery

bsivasankarreddy_reddy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

venu,

i am also told , it is not possible , it is for standard behavior ,  no user exit,  ABAP  coding also not working,