cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transaction KEHC- Activate the SAP HANA connection for CO-PA ?

0 Kudos

Hi There,

I have one question in mind,

If we activate SAP HANA connection for CO-PA in transaction KEHC

1) . Can we switch back to original form in case of error or problem ?

2)  Do we need additional report development for Existing COPA reports ?

Thanks in Advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1) . Can we switch back to original form in case of error or problem ?

As far as I understand, after the accelerator is switched on, data from SAP UI is still written back into the traditional DB first and then replicated across to the HANA database. During read, the application (function module) first reads from the HANA tables and then traditional DB for any missing records.

So if your HANA database is down for some reason or is removed from the equation, ideally your COPA reports should still be able to read all it's data from the underlying traditional DB (unless you configure in KEHC to issue error messages). My understanding is at any given point in time, you will not have any data missing in your underlying traditional DB.

2)  Do we need additional report development for Existing COPA reports ?

You don't need to write any additional reports, all existing ECC reports can leverage this acceleration in data read from HANA.

Thanks,

Anooj

PS: The above is based on my understanding from the master class I attended on the COPA Accelerator.

0 Kudos

HI Anooj,

Thank you so much for you kind and helpful response.

Above explanation is very helpful.

Can you please let me know , once we turn the switch on for Accelerated COPA for HANA. can we turn the switch off for Normal COPA reporting..?

If you have documents from CO-PA accelerator master class can you please forwarded to me.?

Thanks in Advance.

Points will be rewarded.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My guess is you can turn it off but dont quite remember the options in KEHC transaction.

Unfortunately it was a webex session and i couldn't get hold of the presentation. I'll see if I can get the presentation material or if it is available on the internet. Sorry about that.

Thanks,

Anooj

former_member188886
Participant
0 Kudos

In ECC Tran KEHC >Read access, you can turn CO-PA HANA Accelerator on/off for:

- Users

- Reports

- Line Item Access

- Cycles

- Top-down Distributions

- Planning Functions

- Other Callers

For mor information see:

Quick Guide for the SAP ERP Rapid-deployment solution for profitability analysis with SAP HANA

>Section 2.1.3.6 Read mode settings

Down load Quick start guide here:

SAP HANA COPA RDS V1.10 (Installations and Upgrades) 

>Installation >Download >ZIP 50107426 Docu: SAP HANA COPA RDS V1.10 

Or download from SAP Note 1632506 - SAP ERP RDS for profitability analysis with SAP HANA

JDR

Answers (0)