cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Throw an exception from button jsp plug-in

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am trying to implement a button jsp plug-in which is attached at PRE_START. Since its a jsp file I have written a piece of java code inside scriptlet and in the java code I am trying to throw a custom exception.However I am getting "Internal Error" and when I go to NW log there I am finding my exception class which is returning null. But I want to display the custom exception message on POD. So how we can throw the custom error messages from Button jsp to POD.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Two important points: PRE_START hook activities can't be JSPs.  These activities must be a Java class (or EJB).  The Java class could throw an exception to display an error message on the POD.  This will rollback the Start action.  The ME SDK will allow you to write these types of hook activities.

If a JSP must be used, then it can be a POD plugin and configured in POD Maintenance to be used on a POD button.  This JSP does not have access to the transaction executed by other button activities (e.g. Start button).  The JSP can display its own error messages, but ti cannot directly affect other activities on the button.