0 Kudos

Hi,

1) How to migrate SAP Bex to BO in SAP BO4.0

2) How the variables and filters are converted from Bex to WEBI in WEBI reports

3) How to migrate SAP Bex to BO in SAP BOXI 3.1

Search in google with key words

1. Best Practices for SAP BusinessObjects 4.0

in combination with SAP NetWeaver by Ingo Hilgefort

2. Points to be considered while integrating BW Bex queries with BO Webi  by prabhith prabhakaran

You will get all your answers in detail steps.

Regards,
Seshu.P

ravi_chandra3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

1) How to migrate SAP Bex to BO in SAP BO4.0

These BO report is created on the top of the BEx query . The BEx query acts like a semantic layer between BI and BO. We can't migrate BEx to BO.

2) How the variables and filters are converted from Bex to WEBI in WEBI reports

Whenever u create report on the top of this BEx , we automatically get the variables, if the variables are created at the BEx level.

3) How to migrate SAP Bex to BO in SAP BOXI 3.1

We can't convert the BEx to BOXI3.1 or BOXI 4.0 , Whatever version may be .

But the advantages if we use BOXI4.0  webi is that , no need to create the universe on the top of the BEx query to create report WEBI .

But if u want to create the WEBI (BOXI3.1 ) report on query then u need to have universe.

This is the difference.

Regards,

RaviChandra

former_member182342
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI All,

Suppose I need to migrate My BO version from BO Xi 3.1 to BO 4.0 which steps i need to perform please explain me in details and is that going to affects the dashboards which are currently developed in BO XI 3.1....

Thanks & Regards

Anish Mahadik

ravi_chandra3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

U can migrate BO XI 3.1 to 4.0 by using Import wizard tool.

Import wizard is used for 3 main purpose.

1) for migrating to higher version.

2) Back up purpose.

3) Deployment.

Just select the file and then select the migrate option .

Regards,

RaviChandra .

former_member182342
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Thanks a lot for your reply. Can you please tell me the steps how i can migrate from BO XI 3.1 to BO XI 4.0.

Thanks & Regards

Anish

denis_konovalov
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ravi,

Import Wizard is used in XI3.1, but not in Bi4.0, to migrate from Xi3.1 to BI4.0 you have to use Upgrade Management Tool.

Please see Upgrade Guide for details.

ravi_chandra3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anish,

As said by Denis , Import wizard is used in XI 3.1 only but not in 4.0 , to migrate we have to use the upgrade management tool.

U can check in the Import wizard , the destination will not have the 4.0 ,

Step by step procedure:

Open the Import wizard ----> NEXT ----->In the top most SOURCE drop down box you will have the various version and in the target ----> u can find only XI 3.1 and BIAR file only but not 4.O with this we can confirm that Import wizard tool is not used to migrate to 4.0

Hope you got it,

Regards,

RaviChandra

ravi_chandra3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI denis,

Thanx for correcting me.....

Regards,

RaviChandra

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think BICS is a good option when we want to retrieve the Bex queries into BO environment.

Universe does not support hierarchies or free characteristics, In this case BICS is good option. However BICS also having limitation like cannot connect to Business object explorer.

Regards,

Venu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

SAP BEx and BO WebI are two different products, there is no way to convert BEx reports to WebI reports directly with the help of any tool...the only option you have is to recreate them again in Web Intelligence.

To recreate, this in Web Intelligece, you will have to create a Universe based on the BEx queries that you have. When you create a Universe on the queries, all your prompts and filters from Bex are converted to your prompts and filters of Web Intelligence, you are not required to create them again.

Let me know if this helps?

Sujit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I Agree with Denis , Sap bex in completely a Business intelligence Package and sap 4.0  is Business objects Package , these are completely different environments ,In real time we are working Sap 4.0 on top of Business intelligence .what ever the we want to migrate the date its applied  within that environment. like upgrading from BOXI 3.1 to 4.0

denis_konovalov
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There is no migration. Webi reports can be based on Bex Queries, but Bex queries or Reports cannot be migrated into Webi, you have to create Webi reports from scratch using Bex queries as the data source.