cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDM 7.1 Change Extraction

Former Member
0 Kudos

I went to the "Export Change File" tool in my MDM 7.1 development system and received a warning that my reference file version did not match the current repository version.  The reference file is 7.1.06.211.  The current MDS version is 7.1.06.260.  Our basis team patched the system since the reference file was created so they could pick up some CCMS Monitory functionality.

QA and Prod are at the 7.1.06.260 versions now too.

Has anyone experienced this?  Should I blow past the warning and just export my map change?  Should I create a new reference file (and I assume I will need to redo my map changes)?

Thanks,
Keith

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Keith,

Generally reference file is created when you have both repositories (source and target) at the same schema level. So that any change in source file will be captured and would be available during "Export Change File" command.

Now in your case you need to first make sure that both repositories are at the same schema level.

To ensure this, you should export your changes to target repository using Export Schema and then Import schema command. When your repositories become similar in structure, then you should delete this old reference file and create new reference file.

After that you can use "Export Change File" command at your will. I hope this helps you.

Kindly test this scenario in test system first and then implement for other environments.

Kindly let me know the results as well.

Thanks and Regards,

Ankush Bhardwaj

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Keith,

As told by my friend Ankush that reference file is created when both the source and target repositories  are at same schema level, and to check their level we use the Create Transport Reference command which creates an XML file of a repository’s schema. This reference schema is identical to the XML file created by the Export Schema command. Users should create the

reference file on the originating repository at a time when the originating and target repositories have identical schemas.

The Export Change File command compares the repository’s current schema against the schema contained in its latest reference file. From the Export Changes dialog (similar in appearance to the Import Schema dialog), the user can see where the current schema differs from the reference schema and choose which of these differences to export.

The resulting changes file does not contain an entire schema but instead contains only the changes selected from the Export Changes dialog. Changes that are not selected for the current export remain available for future exports.

i would suggest you to create a new reference file and compare the schema levels and yes you will have to redo the map changes in order to avoid any issue.

Also, please refer to the link

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/d0dd1ae0-36e5-2b10-f8b4-e6365e643...

I hope it helps you.