cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem creating mbo from web service

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am just beginning SUP development and I'm following along a few tutorials for MBO development.

Just so I know I'm doing this correctly I'll document the process I'm going through.  I can view the web service in the web services folder in Enterprise Explorer. I created this web service from a local WSDL file.  So I go into my new project, right click and select new mbo. I then name it and specify the the data source which is my web service. It is at this point that my case differs from tutorials.

My web service has no response. I just receives data so there is no XLST file. So I just manually add some dummy xml in order to continue with the creation of the MBO. I add credentials for authentication and then hit next.

In the Parameters screen it tells me I have an invalid parameter name of 'type' because I can't use a java or C# keyword. So I change it's name and hit next. Here's where I get an error that won't let me proceed. Execution Error: "Error occured during execution, please check the default values of the selected input paramters and refresh again. Reason: java.lang.NullPointerException.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Jeremy

One of possibility I thought is:

your web service is treated as attributes and in this case at least one attribute is required as web service response (NullPointerException).

when you created your mbo by drag and drop from "Enterprise explorer" view to "Mobile Application Diagram", "New Mobile Business Object Option" popup view appeared and then you selected Attributes radio button. So your mbo will behave as attributes.

But your web service has no response and is just a operation.

Try to create mbo as operation.

I hope this will help you

regards

Answers (0)