Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SU25 in Quality & Production

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

We upgraded our Development system from SAP ECC 6.0 to SAP ECC 6.0 EHP5.

For the Security upgrade, we executed the transaction SU25 (Steps 2a, 2b & 2c) in Dev system. In Step 2c, the system gave list of all roles in the Dev system for which profiles were to be generated, with the new authorization checks added in EHP5.

We had to generate profiles for all the roles in the system. The roles which contained the transactions for which the authorization checks were changed/ added, we adjusted them manually. For the roles, there were no authorization objects, we had to only generate the profiles.

Now we are going to upgrade our QA system. As per my understanding, we dont have to execute SU25 in QA system.

Only we have to transport the customer tables from Development (Step 3) & only the roles which were changed by addition/ change of new authorization checks.

Do we have to transport all the roles or only the new authorization check included roles?

or

Do we have to execute SU25 in QA system also?

Thanks in advance.

Thanks & regards,

Sagar

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

No need to run SU25 in QA and Prod. Just move the transport that you created in step 3 across the landscape. You need to transport all the roles affected because of upgrade from ECC 6.0 to ECC 6.0 EHP5. I mean whatever the roles that are red and you adjusted manually in step 2C.

0 Kudos

Just to add something  to Venkata's comment...

It would be worth taking a list of all the roles that were updated in step 2C and running them through table E071 with Object = ACGR.

This way you will get a list of roles that have actually been transported* from your dev system before, so you are hopefully not transporting a load of Z_TEST roles which you don't want in production.

* assuming those transports were released - which you can check in E070 in field TRSTATUS.

0 Kudos

Thanks Venkata & Will.

I executed Step 3 (transport of Customizing tables)  &saved the data in Workbench request.

When I checked the work bench request in SE10, the request only contained below values:

PRGN_STAT     *

TCODE_MOD    *

USOBT_C    *

USOBX_C    *

I thought, the request would contain the data from tables USOBT_C * USOBX_C.

Is this correct???

0 Kudos

Hi Sagar,

Yes, the transport contains all of the tables updated in steps 2A and 2B, and also any changes you made in step 4.

The entire tables are transported, so all of the data is included.