cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Central monitoring and central administration configuration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts

We want to configure central monitoring and central administration configuration and that is why want to configure E2E but unable to understand how to start

what is required in solman like Wily Introscope how to install and what to installed in managed system ( DEV QAS and PRD) which is only abap system and how to connect managed system in solman 

please guide

Regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks sirkishan for your guidance in my previous mail all system show in grey why ?

and second in solman_workcenter Root Cause Analysis ---> End-to-End Analysis and in abap system tab  zero system show How to appear my abap system ( DEV QAS and PRD ) in this tab and why they are not come in this tab

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Could you open the dropdown next to the 'grey' status for the ABAP systems? It should show why the status is unknown.

Also for the RCA to show the systems, have you completely run the managed system setup for all 3 systems? Only after the managed system setup is run without errors, they would appear in the RCA work center.

Regards,

Srikishan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thankx Sirkishan managed system not complete with green given error in Wily

How to solved this issue because dev have only abap instance and can not deploy Wily

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am unable to solved that all my system show in SOLMAN_SETUP------>Managed system but other then production system column all column is grep unchange able please guide me

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shahid,

1. To make the sytem available under Root cause analysis -> end to end analysis -> a bap sytem tab

change the selection query or define your new query, just click the query icon,

2. if wily is not required for your scenario, just post pone the step,( select the option postpone from drop down box)

3. for unchangble option, what user you login , check the user authorisation, or some where else have you already opened the session in edit mode.

Please check

Regards,

Jansi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Jansi

1,  yes system appear in root cause analysis ---->end to end analysis through change query option but when I F4 in System SID no sid display if by force in put DEV it's also not show same case with Long system ID but when I F4 on Solution ID it's show my solution

when I select DEV and press change analysis button it's give me error " Please select at least one element first." I already select DEV

2.  issue solved

3. my user is solman_admin and authorization is SAP_ALL and all Work center related roles

I already restart solution manager .In my 15 july reply first screen shot also circle in grey when I move cursor in grey point ( in Instances setup column ) popup show " This system has instances not yet setup"

Regards

former_member215345
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Systems will be green only after finishing Managed Configuration Successfully.

Wily introscope is required for monitoring Java systems only

Mainitain your systems properly in SMSY and generate RFC destinations.

Run your Managed system configuration.

Grey will be changed to Green only after finishing Managed Sys. Config successfully.

If you are facing any issue in RCA Dash board, check SOLMAN-MANGED System agen connection handshake is up and ok.

Please mention what is the exact issue you are facing now.

Regards,

Jayadeep.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thankx Jayadeep for repy

how to check solution Managed system connection handshake ?

on thing more we are using Fujitsu FlexFrame system ,Our  all system in distributed environment like

DEV hostname cidev and database hostname is dbdev-se and we installed SMD on cidev host.

also we configured CUA

Solution manager SMD not connected " acess has be  denied by the managing system check user/password and try again

I am attached solman with user SMD_admin I check user 000 001 and 100 and again set password but error same

Regareds

former_member215345
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Shahid,

Register the SMD agent of Dev system with Solman once again. You can use scripts in /usr/sap/<DASID>/SMDA<Instance_Number>/script directory for this purpose. Refer to Diagnostic agent setup guide for commands.

Remember to restart Solution manager system for correcting all your miscellaneous RCA issues.

Regards,

Jayadeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Jansi and Srikishan for your helpfull reply

still I am facing Issue first I have abap manged system only no java that is why no wily introscope will install in ECC servers

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes you are right - it would be more meaningful to setup Wily for Java based systems. For ABAP based systems, Wily at most is utilized for host monitoring which could also be done via standard tools in the Solution Manager itself.

For the error in your last screenshot:

- First error due to active CUA in your system. The managed system wizard needs to create users for Wily monitoring and currently unable to do so due to active CUA. You need to either deactivate the CUA or provide already created user credentials.

- Check Introscope Enterprise Manager Status. Check the Introscope guide at http://service.sap.com/diagnostics. As per the guide, the EM has to be installed and running first for all agents to connect to it. EM is usually installed on the SolMan host.

- Last error is due to RFC issues from the SolMan to the managed system. Check in SMSY, if all the RFCs created for the managed system are working connection and authorization wise.

Regards,

Srikishan

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

first of try to find out your solman version & then visit below link for guides

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/SMSETUP/Home

solman_setup is the solman configuration transaction which is wizard based and guide you to configure the same

in 7.1 version it is more advanced and guide you to configure Techincal monitoring as well.

After that you can searchfor more on SMP Service marketplace /SCN for monitoring plenty of doc and guide available

hope it helps

regards

Prakhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prakhar,

Thanks for ur reply, our solman version is 7.0 EHP1,We are completed initial and basic configuration through SOLMAN_SETUP but in manage system configuration all systems displayed in list but grey.

how to installed Diagnostic agent in our only apbap system DEV QAS and PRD and how to connect them with solman

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The system status is grey for the managed system as the managed system setup wizard has not yet been run. Please complete the necessary prerequisites for running the setup as mentioned in the WIKI link provided by Prakhar above.

For more info on how to install the diagnostics agent package - check the link http://service.sap.com/diagnostics.

You will need to download the diagnostics agent package from SMP and install the agent on the managed system host. Then run the wizard to be able to connect to SolMan. All these steps are mentioned in the WIKI link.

Would also recommend to check http://service.sap.com/rkt-solman -> SolMan 7.0 EhP1 for details regarding capability enablement.

Regards,

Srikishan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

please find below the step by step doc for Diag agent installation

SAP Community Network Wiki - SAP Solution Manager Setup - Diagnostics Agents

managed system configuration

SAP Community Network Wiki - SAP Solution Manager Setup - Managed_Systems

Thanks,

Jansi