cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error when creating access request / Manager entered is not valid

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

We are facing technical errors regarding access request, when we try to modify, delete, lock/unlock or assign superuser, the message is "Manager entered is not valid", i found an SAP note (1696080) which need to be implemented in the backend system in order to impact the plugin /GRCPI/ but when i try to implement the note the system tells me is not possible to fully implement because the object FUNC ZGRCPI_USR_GET_DETAILS does not exist, which is right, but there is no correction instruction to create this object.

I really don't know what is the error about and how can i create this object.

This is urgent & any help will be really helpful.

Thanks,

Connie

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

neerajmanocha
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Connie,

There is an additional check on manager which is introduced in SP08. Refer to below SAP Note for more detail.

"1737899 - GRC 10.0 Error message "Manager entered is not correct" comes while creating request"

This is controlled by configuration parameter "5021 - Check manager value against the userid in current system". You can set the parameter value to NO, if you do not like to have additional check on manager.

Thanks & Regards

Neeraj

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Antti,

Please implemnt the sap note-#1701498 and let us know how it goes.

Best Regards,

Nandita

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone!

Thank you all for the responses.

OK, here is what I've done.

I went to the SAP note 1737899, and as you said this talks about the parameter 5021, the note also refers to the SAP note 1668249 which was the first Antti told me about, what I can tell you from my experience is that almost all of the steps included in these notes help you out to solve the problem, what I strongly don't recommend is to apply SAP Note 1662916 UAM: EUP Setting one request per user per sys is not working (only if you are not having issues regarding this subject) because the code that tells you to modify in the data type GRACV_EUPCONFIG gives you error when you try to activate the module function, so yes now I can submitt the request and the result is clean.

I'm still having the issue in my other system regarding the correction to the data type GRACV_EUPCONFIG, is there anyone that can tell me how can I transport the original code or module function from one of my systems to the other in order to repair it? Or what can I do to repair it?

I really appreciate your help!

Best regards,

Connie

saksham
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Connie.

With reference to the SAP note  1737899 - GRC 10.0 Error message "Manager entered is not correct" comes while creating the Request,kindly check if you could create and submit the request after ignoring the warning 'ZGRCPI_USR_GET_DETAILS does not exist'

Kind Regards,

Saksham Minocha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Antti,

Thanks in advance for your help.

My SP is also 07, i tried to implement the note you told me about but right now i'm having serious issues regarding EUP config, because one of the related notes that needs manual steps ask to modify an include program in the data type named GRACV_EUPCONFIG and I did, but now i'm not able to see the EUP config in IMG because the program is having lots of technical errors with a sentence and I really don't have a clue about this.

The weird thing is that the original program does have this code also and doesn't show any issue at all.

Can you help me out with this issue?

Best regards,

Connie

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Connie,

-  Search for the role in PFCG Transaction and open the role in 'Change' or 'Editable' mode

-  Click on 'Authorizations' option and Click on 'Change
       Authorization Data' option which is there under Maintain
       Authorization Data and Generation Profiles

-  Enter Authorization FUNC ZGRCPI_USR_GET_DETAILS  manually by clicking on
      'Manually' option at Menu level and add FUNC ZGRCPI_USR_GET_DETAILS  authorization

-  Generate the role by clicking on 'Generate' option or 'Shift + F5' which results the status as 'Generated'

-  Do the 'User Comparison'.

Hope this helps!

Best Regards,

Shreya Gupta