cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hooray! Another problem with EhP5 installation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi folks,

next problem with my favourite task in SAP...

In phase ADDSPAREQ_LOAD (?) I run into the error:

There are dependencies between packages

included into the procedure and the target

release kernel

The tool R3trans needs a build date of 08.08.11

or later.

Please retrieve the new tools according to note 211077

and put the archives to the download directory.

Note 211077 says that I shall download SAPEXE_<Patchlevel>.SAR and SAPEXEDB_<Patchlevel>.SAR and put it into my download directory which I did.

Additionally I put a newer version of R3Trans into both of the exe directories even if the existing version was newer than Aug. 2011.

In the meanwhile I'm really pissed with that. Never ever hat that much trouble with a simple addon installation

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

tomas_black
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello Helmut,

1st: please ensure you have the very last kernel patch level of the SOURCE kernel on ..EHPI/abap/exe & exenew folders. That is, the very last PL of  your 700 or 701 kernel, depending on the source version of your system. Also the very last tp and R3trans versions of the SOURCE system;

2nd: please ensure you have the very last kernel patch level of the TARGET kernel on the DOWNLOAD DIRECTORY you specified for this EHPI (it looks like you already did that). Also the very last tp and R3trans versions of the TARGET system ;

3rd: additional information about the kernel usage during EHPIs:

-> during PREPARE phase KX_CPYORG the original kernel is copied to abap/exe and abap/exenew, in case there are customer files created in

the original kernel directory they will be copied.

-> during PREPARE phase SCANDIR_EXTRACT the SAPEXE.SAR and SAPEXEDB.SAR (download by MOPZ) will be unpacked under abap/exe and abap/exenew. In case ECC EHP4/NW EHP1 is being installed, kernel 701 will be unpacked, in case ECC EHP5/NW EHP2 kernel 720 will be unpacked.

-> after PREPARE phase SCANDIR_EXTRACT, the customer can manually update TP and R3trans in abap/exe and abap/exenew, unpacking the target release.

-> the kernel directory abap/exe is used during the shadow instance; abap/exenew is used during KX_SWITCH, it will be copied to the original

kernel directory.

Hopefully this will help you pass by this problem.

Best regards!

Tomas Black

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tomas,

you were not totally right but your answer was a big help

The system is already running Kernel 7.20.

As from my original post EhPI asks for R3Trans with a build date 08.08. 2011.

The existing R3trans had a build date of Aug. 12th 2011. So it should be sufficient, but wasn't.

Then I copied the latest version into the two directories you mentioned an on we go.

Now I'm fiddling with M$$QL...

Cheers,

Helmut

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member189725
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you please download the Patch 201 for NW 720 kernel and place it in the download directory.

Regards

Ratnajit

Former Member
0 Kudos

this was alrady done as I wrote above.