cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

is there any special settings available for return process in Material Determination

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear sd gurus

i have one small doubt

is there any special settings available for return process in  Material Determination

bz i am unable to do return process for material determination

,,,i checked in google and in our forum also i checked but i didnt get answer

pl let me know ,

thank you so much for your kind help

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

On the basis of looking in to IMG (spro), I think it is possible.

Below you can see that a material determination procedure can be assigned to RE sales document type. Please check your configuration steps with regards to Material determination.

Pick the correct Reason for substitution.

former_member184555
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi TW,

You are correct. It should be definitely possible....but rarely (or could be never) required. The list of sales documents in the above print screen is the list that is available in the VOV8. You can create a new sales document type in VOV8 and if you check here, it will be reflected here in this list.

Regards,

Ravi Sankar

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Venu,

is there any special settings available for return process in  Material Determination

Currently I donot have access to a SAP test system or else I would have tested this and then conveyed. But for now based on reading the theory of Material determination and looking in to IMG (SPRO), I think there is NO special settings for Material Determination for Return process.

The steps for material determination for RE process are the same as the steps for Other sales document types.

Check all configuration steps.

Also let us know the error message (you are facing).

Ravi,

Thank you for your posts! I agree with your explanation: RE material would be the same as that sold and billed to the customer.

But I can imagine a scenario where Material determination for RE process could be applicable.

Scenario:

A customer buys canned Milk and soft-drinks.

Cans of Milk have shorted lifespan than Cans of soft-drinks.

A truck load of soft-drinks have not passed the Quality test of the customer (Ship To inspection). This load of soft-drinks has to  be Returned (to the company).

For this a RE order with material Soft-drink is created.

But the business rule is to first return all the cans of milk and only if there are zero cans of milk in that ShipTo location, the cans of soft drink can be returned (or return order can be created)

The above scenario can be further made specific (and "more real") by adding the Batch / Date of manufacture calculation to ascertain how many cans of milk to be Returned and how many cans of Soft-drinks to be Returned; when a RE order of only Soft-drinks is created.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear T.W sir

My he artfully  thanks to you and all . sir if you dont mind when you go to sap access pl share screen shorts of return process .really it is very helpful to me bz still now i am in confusion and i am unable to cancel invoice .

Once again thanks to you for sharing the most valuable  knowledge

former_member211616
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Okye venu sure i will share the return process

Regards

ramesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

i am unable to cancel invoice .

Please explain the above (cancel invoice).

As currently we are talking about RE process and material determination.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry by my mistake

yaa it is about return process only

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Venugopala,

I have tested your requirement in IDES SAP system, it works. Absolutely no problem.

I followed the below steps:

1. Assign material determination procedure to RE sales document type

Path:

IMG>Sales and Distribution>Basic Functions>Material Determination>Assign Procedure to Sales document type

RE --- A00001

2. Create material determination condition record:

In VB11, for material M-01, populate M-01_TEST

3. Create a RE order, in VA01

Gave MMR = M-01, Quantity = 1EA, pressed Enter

MMR changed to M-01_TEST.

Saved the RE order.

From SAP SD configuration point of view, your business requirement can be fulfilled.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear T.W sir

Thank you so much for sharing .rally till know  i thought in sap it is not possible but by your help i changed my thinking

thank you so much once again

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear T.W Sir

i have one doubt here while we creating material determination we create condition records in vb11

buy you are telling once again create condition records in VB11 after assigning sales documents to return process

so we have to do again ,? pl just explain this

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear T.W Sir

i have one doubt here while we creating material determination we create condition records in vb11

buy you are telling once again create condition records in VB11 after assigning sales documents to return process

so we have to do again ,? pl just explain this

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

so we have to do again ,?

No, it is not needed to create a material determination condition record again.

Furthermore, the sequence (when material determination condition record) is created is NOT important. I.e.

1 - Create a material determination condition record, then assign material determination procedure to Sales document type

2 - Assign material determination procedure to Sales document type, then create a material determination condition record

Result (material M-01 substituted by M-01_TEST) would be the same if you follow step 1 or 2.

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Venu,

I have answered your above question in my previous post.

Below find some additional information.

Based on your question, I have done the below test:

1. In VB11, created material determination record - M-01 substituted by M-01_TEST

2. In VA01, created sales order, inputted M-01. System automatically replaced the MMR to M-01_TEST

3. In VB11, created material determination record - M-01 substituted by M-820

4.  In VA01, created sales order, inputted M-01. System automatically replaced the MMR to M-820

Thus system is picking up the latest material determination condition record.

Please try this, it is interesting.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank You so much  One more thing May i know your full name bz i think Your name is TYPEWRITER IF it is correct pl tell me i am the fan of you in it tool box

thanks a lot

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Venu,

Yes, you are correct!

Being inquisitive (or curious, questioning) about SAP SD is a good thing. Keep going and keep learning.

In addition to the above:

1. Practice, test configuration, transactions (sales orders etc. etc.). Having access to IDES or a SAP test system is very beneficial to learning.

2. Give equal importance to business scenarios and business processes. Think where does a functionality fit in the business.

Having a strong business process understanding will help you to meet the requirements in a better and wholesome manner.

Good luck!

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Venu,

I might stray a little off course by asking / discussing the below.

- But Material Exclusion and Material determination are closely linked.

- Ravi has posted some good comments with regards to business process logic.

- Below might help your training of configuration in SAP SD

Create an exclusion procedure. In which in the "exclusion condition record" give MMR (material master records) M1, M2 and M3 are listed.

For OR sales document type, assign this material exclusion procedure.

By above configuration, when user creates sales order with OR sales document type; MMRs M1, M2, M3 can NOT be given / entered.

Create a RE order with MMR M1. Create RE without reference.

(in VOV8, for RE, field mandatory reference = BLANK)

See how system is behaving.

Business process logic would convey that this configuration is "flawed".

In normal sales cycle MMR M1 is NOT sold, then how in RE process M1 can be created!

former_member184555
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

venugopala reddy venu wrote:

Dear sd gurus

i have one small doubt

bz i am unable to do return process for material determination

,,,i checked in google and in our forum also i checked but i didnt get answer

pl let me know ,

I never heard about or come across with such scenarios in realtime business. To my knowledge, no business will take return of a material that is different from what they have sold or delivered to the customer. If business has sold Material A...the returns can be done only for A and not a different material in the place of A.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The simple logic in returns is that system will accept the same material code when you create a return sale order referencing the parent billing document.  Having said this, material determination in returns, to my knowledge, will not work.

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any comments plz

bsivasankarreddy_reddy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

venu,

based on my knowledge  , in returns time material determination not working, this material determination is not required , when you make the return with reference to INVOICE OR another document , so in this time the particular material only you make return, in this how you do the material determination their is no mean at all,

so avoid the material determination at return process