cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RESTful web service application with SP04

former_member184594
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

We have BO 4.0 SP2 patch 15 installed and we installed SP04 on top of that. We were about to install the new features that came with SP4. I was curious about RESTful and Insight to Action Services. We are using Qaaws Web services extensively in our environment. We have developed some .net applications on top of them.

Questions:

1. What does RESTful Web Service do and what is the pursose?

2. What will installing RESTful Web Service affect our web services? Will it change the links etc.?

3. What is Insight to Action Service?

4. What will installing Insight to Action Service affect our BO 4.0 environmen?

I am asking these because we faced some issues with SP4 in out other environments. I don't want to mess this system because it will impact our business.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member203619
Contributor
0 Kudos

I'll try to answer some of your questions:

1. The Restful Web service is a SDK intended to allow viewing, modifying, and creating reports using the Restful model (aka Platform agnostic - if your programming language can handle XML, it can handle the RestFul SDK).  Aside from reporting, it can also handle some basic platform calls as well (logging in, querying the infostore, etc..)

2. It will not affect your web services.  The Web Services run on the dswsbobje application deployed by default on Tomcat.  The RestFul services run on the web application container server - so the two should not interact.

3. I haven't used the Insight to Action service - but the best document I found explaining it is here: http://events.asug.com/2012AC/4217_Insight_to_Action.pdf

4. The Insight to Action service shouldn't affect anything in your BI4 environment.  It is supposed to add additional functionality that didn't exist before - so you shouldn't have anything that already uses it.

former_member184594
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for your answer Shawn. I posted this about a year ago and I got an answer

Answers (0)