cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Procurement at level5 and Level 6 WBS Element

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

My requirement is like that i need to procure for l5 and l6 both wbs elements. My last level of wbs elements is l6. i have divided budget from im52 to top level wbs elements.

When i am procuring for l5 wbs elements than it shows budget exceeds. But i need to put actuals on both the l5 and l6 wbs elements. Means i need to procure material for l5 wbs elements and than transfer this material to l6 wbs elements.

can some one give me solution for that....

Thanks and Regards..

Sukhveer Singh.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sukhveer,

1. Put budget to both l5 & l6. Do not use total up during budget feed and release.

My Question is that Why you want to show actuals in both WBS and Use it in lower WBS only. Either procure it in l6 or show actuals in both wbs and use it in both places.

Regards,

Pranav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi pranav/abdul,

Sorry for late response due to some other important work.

I need to distribute budget at level 5 only not at level 6 it is my requirement for budgeting.

I need to procure material for level 5 and then distribute to level 6 WBS Elements and they will consumed at level 6. When i procure at level 5 then at the time of creation of PR only budget is consuming and even i have given budget at level 5 it shows me that budget has been exceeded..

What should be way to perform this scenario ...

Thanks and Regards...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sukhveer,

There are two case-

1. You are creting PR for level 5 and there is budget exceed error. Although transfer for material from WBS to WBS has not taken place. This will took place when PR raised successfully, PO created and material came to stock.

2. You want to transfer material from WBS L5 to WBS L6 and there is budget exceed error.

As per your explanation it seems you are in case 1(this is what I perceived).

If I am correct then check for release amount (S_alr_87013560).

see this for more reference-http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-29743

If you are in case 2 then please let us know.

Regards,

Pranav

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member230675
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think your requirement is to do material requirement grouping at Level 5 and issue to level 6.

You can try the below two options.

Option 1: Do not distribute your budget to Level 6. keep it on Level 5 where you need to do requirement Grouping.

Option 2: Hope you are using Valuated project stock and Inventory GLs are created as statistical cost elements. Please exclude these Cost Elements from budget check.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi abdual,

I need to distribute budget at level 5 only not at level 6 it is my requirement for budgeting. I have distributed budget to only level 5. It is showing in budget reports.

I need to procure material for level 5 and then distribute means issue (transfer) this material to level 6 WBS Elements and they will consumed at level 6. When i procure at level 5 then at the time of creation of PR only budget is consuming and even i have given budget at level 5 it shows me that budget has been exceeded..

What should be way to perform this scenario ...

Thanks and Regards...

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is not possible that you have budget at higher level WBS and try to procure an item for below level or vice versa.

You need to assign the budget to level 5 as well as level 6 here which is needed for either procurement or transfer.

OR else you do not create G/L account determined in PO as cost element, so it will not consume budget either at procurement stage or GRN stage. The budget will be used only when you actually consume materials to WBS/network.

Regards,

Mahendra