SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BCS Consistency Check is not Working

analistia16
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I have tried to search for similar topic within the forum but have not found the complete answer yet.

I just recently defined a consistency check rule (FMCCD) to avoid budget returns to exceed total available unreleased budget. To do this, I have done below steps:

1. Define new key figure, ZZ_UNRELEASED, to get the value of total available unreleased budget. I copy the logic from predefined key figure UN_RELEASED

2. Define consistency check, to trigger error message with below details:

- Prerequisites: Budget type = "ADJ1", for budget updates transaction

- Condition: ZZ_UNRELEASED - Greater than or Equal - "0"

And after that, I performed return transaction in "FMBB". Error message is triggered, but not as expected, the error message is thrown for every return transaction (whether the value exceeds current available unreleased or not).

I then checked out the error details, and found out that the key figure value used in the logic, did not derive the correct available unreleased budget value. Otherwise, it took the value of returned amount I entered in the transaction.

Has anyone ever encountered the same problem? Did i miss a step after creating the key figure, like activate or re-construct?

Regards,

Analistia

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

waldo
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Analistia.

I really don't understand what are you trying to do.

When you said this:

I have tried to search for similar topic within the forum but have not found the complete answer yet. 

I just recently defined a consistency check rule (FMCCD) to avoid budget returns to exceed total available unreleased budget.

"Avoid budget returns to exceed total available"?

What process are you trying to do with FMBB tcode?

Please attach some screenshots from FMCCD, and explain more about your situation.

Thanks!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

waldo
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Analistia.

I really don't understand what are you trying to do.

When you said this:

I just recently defined a consistency check rule (FMCCD) to avoid budget returns to exceed total available unreleased budget.

"Avoid budget returns to exceed total available"?

What process are you trying to do with FMBB tcode?

Please attach some screenshots from FMCCD, and explain more about your situation.

Thanks!

0 Kudos

Hi Osvaldo,

Thanks for your response,

Let me try to explain my situation..

One day, I was trying to perform budget return and/or transfer transaction using t-code FMBB and encountered this situation:

My budget: 200 USD

Amount of budget to be returned 250 USD

At that time, the system did not encounter any error and let the budget value became -50 USD. The requirement from the user (which is logical) is not to let the budget becomes negative.

And then after checking on note 983853, as advised by other members in this forum, I figured that in standard FM BCS allows negative budget. Hence, I need to define consistency check rules (FMCCD) to prevent any posting that causes my budget to become negative.

The problem is, my consistency check rules was not working as expected. Instead of calculating the correct key figures (ZZ_UN_RELEASED), it was taking the amount I entered when performing the return transaction (in above examples it equals -250 USD while it should be 200-250 = -50 USD).

I hope my explanation is clear enough,

Waiting for your response..

Regards,

Analistia

0 Kudos

All right. But there are two situations here (and they are different).

1. "Return Situation"
  2. "Transfer Situation"

1) Check or config a new rule at TCODE: FMCCA

And the "Message": Class FMCC; Type E; number 002; text (standar: The current budget for budget type &1 is negative (budget address))"

2) About this situation, read here: Budget Transfer is not checking with Budget Released Amount

Regards,

Osvaldo

0 Kudos

Thanks Osvaldo!

It is working now.. i was using wrong t-code before..

It should be FMCCA if I want to define consistency check in the budget address level, but before, I was using FMCCD which consistency check taking all the parameters from the budget entry document.

Regards,

Analistia