Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SM59 RFC(ABAP to Java) failed: "Program id" not registered

welkin_ma
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello, All

My NW ABAP BW and underlying Hana database are installed on separate machines rather than same machine.

In BW SM59 transaction, If I create RFC (TCP/IP Connection) to NW 7.3 BI Java portal, RFC connection failed with following error messages:

Error Details Error when opening an RFC connection (CPIC-CALL: 'ThSAPOCMINIT' : cmRc=2 thRc=67

Error Details ERROR: program IWDFVM4844_PORTAL_BIJ not registered

Error Details LOCATION: SAP-Gateway on host iwdfvm4844.wdf.sap.corp / sapgw00

Error Details DETAIL: TP IWDFVM4844_PORTAL_BIJ not registered

Error Details COMPONENT: SAP-Gateway

Error Details COUNTER: 357

Error Details MODULE: gwr3cpic.c

Error Details LINE: 1803

Error Details RETURN CODE: 679

Error Details SUBRC: 0

Error Details RELEASE: 720

Error Details TIME: Thu Jul 05 08:49:52 2012

Error Details VERSION: 2

I also checked "SMGW" goto -> logged on client, I can't find "TP IWDFVM4844_PORTAL_BIJ" registerred.  But  on my NW 7.3 BI Java portal, I have already registered the destination named “IWDFVM4844_PORTAL_BIJ”.

This issue doesn’t exist if I follow the same configuration steps to configure SM59 RFC (NW 7.3 ABAP -> NW 7.3 Java) on the BW with the underlying database on the same server.

I followed the following steps to finished configure RFC both on NW ABAP and Java ABAP.

NW Java 7.3  http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw73/helpdata/en/4a/2c775cc16d47dbe10000000a42189c/frameset.htm

My Question:

In order to make the SM59 RFC (NW 7.3 ABAP -> NW 7.3 BI Java) works, is there any additional configuration necessary if NW BW and underlying database are on different server?

Thanks a lot!

Welkin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have faced the same issue and this is because of new security parameter set for Gateway server.

Please refer to Note 1480644 - gw/acl_mode versus gw/reg_no_conn_info. You can resolve this issue by setting ABAP Parameter gw/acl_mode = 0 in your BW / BI system or following the instructions mentioned in the note .

Regards

Bhupesh Akkineni

welkin_ma
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot, Akkineni.

I have solved my issue accoding your suggestion

Answers (8)

Answers (8)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am also getting the same error.I have set the ABAP Parameter gw/acl_mode = 0 in my ECC system as mentioned by Bhupesh then also I am getting the same error.Please help.

I have ECC6.0EHP6 SP12 with BASIS 731.

Regards,

Vikash

Former Member
0 Kudos

I was facing same problem, but my problem was resolved with Bhupesh's solution. Gateway security.

khurram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Had the same problem. NEVER forget to view content of secinfo.dat and reginfo.dat (via SMGW or file system) in BOTH systems (ERP & PI) and update their contents as necessary.These files are about controlling lots of things including RFC permissions.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi welkin,

maybe this help´s, you can restart the jco-rfc-provider on the java-server-node with visual admin.

and check the patch level of the sap java connector, after patching restart the j2ee instance.

also check note:937697 and 917950

check the trace file: dev_jrfc.trc

run report: rspor_setup to check the rfc configuration or use the java suppport desk tool from note937697.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp2005/helpdata/en/6c/7ffb3f6c78ee28e10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm

br

julius

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I would highly recommend you run the BI Diagnostics tool.

This tool is implemented in the BW Java side and it checks the entire ABAP to JAVA & JAVA to ABAP connectivity.

https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/937697

Hope it helps

Adi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Welkin,

Did you manage to resolve your problem?

I have experienced the same problem on NW 7.3 eph1 please share your solution.

Regards,

Lungisani

welkin_ma
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi, Lungisani

I haven't solved it currently.

We can use  "rfcexec" on ABAP server to register the program id manually, which can make my SM59 RFC(ABAP to Java) works. However, it is just a workaround since this command will terminate once user's session logout in windows.

I will paste our my solution if I figure out other solution.

Welkin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Welkin,

Thanks,where did you get the rfcexec program,because i don't have it in my executables.

Regards,

Lungisani

former_member189725
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can find in the kernel directory.

Refer this SAP note to manually register the external  RFC program on the gateway.

Note 353597 - Registering RFC server programs

Regards

Ratnajit

welkin_ma
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi, Lungisani

rfcexec is not installed by default. You need to contact your system BASIS guy to copy the files, then execute "rfcexec -a<Program Id> -g<server name> -x<gateway>"

Welkin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Welkin!

Did you solved the problem?

We have the same issue, the configuration on the BI-JAVA and the BW are done, and even upgraded both systems to the latest SPs.

The SSO works, when we start the Jco destination on the provider, sometimes it changes to "running" but never stays "running" after refresh. but never gives error (just when we mess up with the user and pass).

In the Jco Monitoring we can see the new connections running,     

We've been able to execute templates from the BEx WAD into the browser, it gives the "no jco rfc connection" message but the app runs normally.

What does that means? just the program id is missing.

Do we nead the RFCEXEC on the system? i know it doesn't come with the NW 7.3.

BR.

Luis Ayala

former_member189725
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It should not happen actually . Even if the database and application are on different hosts , it should not be a problem .The program IWDFVM4844_PORTAL_BIJ is registered on the ABAP gateway. Check the connection in JCO RFC provider in Visual admin and check if the parameters are set properly and the passwords set are correct. Stop and start the service if required. Once it is registered to the ABAP gateway , you can see it in logged on clients in SMGW and then in SM59 , the RFC will work fine . Else it will fail.

Regards

Ratnajit

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Welkin,

Read SAP Note 353597 - Registering RFC server programs

Regards

Juan